Military discharge papers for Visitors Visa 600

Hi everyone,

We are busy applying for visitor visas for my parents.  My dad served in the SA military in the early 1960's for a few months as part of his mandatory military service following high school.

Do we declare this on our visitor visa application?  I'm just wondering, how in the world are we even going to get the discharge papers / military clearance that DIBP would expect to see for someone who served in the military?

Has anyone come across this in a recent visitors visa application and what did you do?

• 2 years later...
On 7/16/2019 at 8:45 PM, OLVD said:

Hi everyone,

We are busy applying for visitor visas for my parents.  My dad served in the SA military in the early 1960's for a few months as part of his mandatory military service following high school.

Do we declare this on our visitor visa application?  I'm just wondering, how in the world are we even going to get the discharge papers / military clearance that DIBP would expect to see for someone who served in the military?

Has anyone come across this in a recent visitors visa application and what did you do?

Hi @OLVD

I am currently doing the same, and also need to supply these documents. How did you go about it?

Thank you,
Hanno