Accountant vs Finance Manager

ShaunR

Good Day,

Just need some information regarding a 186 submission. :-)

Did a 189 application a few years ago but that has passed because of the pro-rate and 80 points for the Accounting occupation. The wife luckily got a 186 ENS Direct Entry sponsorship and the new Migration agent initially told us that she will go under the Finance Manager code/role, her skill assessment (CPA) was done under the Accountant code that we did about 2 years ago for the 189 Visa option.

She currently works as a Finance Manager but her submission is done under the Accountant code, skills is also done under Accountant. The agent told us that her skills is accountant but she currently works as a Finance Manager so there would not be a problem.

Would the Immigration office refuse the application because she did not submit it under Finance Manager (not under the new qualifying list of occupations to go 186 ENS)? Would like to hear from people that might have had a similar experience.

I’m pretty sure that If her skills assessment is as accountant, then she’ll be assessed as accountant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrantandBernie said:

I’m pretty sure that If her skills assessment is as accountant, then she’ll be assessed as accountant. 

Yes, I think so too but thinking if they would ask why she is applying under Accountant when she is a Finance Manager.

Edited by ShaunR

I guess if she is being nominated by her current employer you should not have too many problems. If your migration agent is also sure about this I do not think there should be a need to be worried.

• Like 1