Medical examination Sc190

Bryde

Question

Hi all.

We have received an invite to apply for sc190.  Before submitting our application, I'd like to know how to go about arranging our health examination?

I do understand that these are time sensitive but I'd like to have all the necessary documentation ready.

Are we only able to generate a HAP ID after formal sumission of our application and when asked to provide  health examination docs?

Thank you.

7 answers to this question

Hello

From what I can remember, your HAP ID is generated when you submit your application and you can then book and go for your medicals. I see you are in KZN so you would need to go to Shipmed (http://www.shipmed.co.za/) to do this. Call them once you have your HAP ID and book an appointment. Tell them you are going to Australia and they will let you know what you need to bring etc.

I found them very professional and we got our medicals (Family of 4) done in the morning with no problems. We did have to walk across to the hospital to get our x-Rays done however that also went very smoothly.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi @FingersCrossed

Thanks for your insights, they are most helpful! 

I have come across a few applicants having medicals done prior to an invite being issued and I am not sure of the process followed and what affect this may have.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Bryde said:

I have come across a few applicants having medicals done prior to an invite being issued and I am not sure of the process followed and what affect this may have.

I wouldn't recommend this.  Your medical certificate is only valid for a year and will determine (in conjunction with the police clearance - whichever comes first) when your first date of entry into Australia must be. 

If you don't have an invitation yet, this could be cutting it quite close if you don't get an invitation in the next rounds.  It might even expire before you get your VISA granted.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the info. 

We have been invited and I will be lodging soon and have my medicals done after.

Don't want to be in a situation where they have expired.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:06 AM, FingersCrossed said:

Hello

From what I can remember, your HAP ID is generated when you submit your application and you can then book and go for your medicals. I see you are in KZN so you would need to go to Shipmed (http://www.shipmed.co.za/) to do this. Call them once you have your HAP ID and book an appointment. Tell them you are going to Australia and they will let you know what you need to bring etc.

I found them very professional and we got our medicals (Family of 4) done in the morning with no problems. We did have to walk across to the hospital to get our x-Rays done however that also went very smoothly.

Good luck.

I have the same question so just need clarity. 

189 you are able to submit a health declaration and get a HAP ID however this is not the same for 190. 

We have received our 190 ITA so to confirm, we  first get police clearance then submit?

TIA

Hi @IlzedP ,

Most people submit all of supporting documents for all the claims they have made in their EOI and then submit. You are able to wait for a CO to make contact and ask you for your PCC and Medicals and then submit these. 

However to reduce processing time many people submit their PCC at the time of lodgement.

As for the medicals, you'll see in the above responses that it isn't recommended you do your medicals before getting an invitation as there would be no knowing when an invite would arrive. We have gone about it by lodging our application and then going into to my health declarations immediately following lodgement which enabled us to get our HAP ID (which is linked to our application and results sent directly to immigration.) 

Of course by doing this we run the risk of if processing takes more than 12 months we will have to have these done again, but global processing times does not indicate this to be likely.

I believe 189 is very similar in this way but i only have experience with our 190.

Hope this is helpful

1 hour ago, Bryde said:

Of course by doing this we run the risk of if processing takes more than 12 months we will have to have these done again, but global processing times does not indicate this to be likely.

Actually the greater risk is that it is processed in say 10 or 11 months and then you only get 1-2 months to sell your house and pack up your lives to make the move to Oz. Now if you are planning a validation trip only then no problem but if you are one of the many who cannot afford two trips to Oz then you'll be shooting yourself in the foot by giving yourself such a short time to validate your visa.

This "front loading" of an application had its hey day quite a few years ago where processing times were within the 6 month mark and waiting for PCC or medicals would add a month or two. Nowadays processing times are close to or more than 12 months and front loading an application isn't doing you any favours timewise. Yes you can boast that you got a direct grant but it's going to cost you an extra return flight to Oz for the whole family so that you can validate the visa in time because you're not able to finalise your affairs in time to only need a one way ticket each. Nowadays getting the medical and PCC too soon appears to be a bad idea.