Rate this

Sabrin

Attached is my hubby's CV. His Linkedin profile is https://www.linkedin.com/in/frans-dekker-20576036/. We're looking for any constructive feedback into making both more Aussie acceptable and increase his chances of getting an interview:

I've screenshot his CV below if you don't want to open the Word doc. 

Getting back into the job-hunting thing is daunting and we understand that networking is key in Oz. At the risk of being terribly forward - we'd appreciate any connections you care to make!

image.thumb.png.2bad2a53237f140499cb55050fac244d.pngimage.thumb.png.ee496e9995a4b3e5b5a770991cba4e57.pngimage.thumb.png.b5010cb70e25929fb1b1a0c99aa0ac8d.pngimage.thumb.png.1c51abf5c98795edbbadd5623905817f.pngWe're looking for any

201807 F Dekker CV.docx

I can't really comment on the format, looks fine to me but I'm not a recruiter. 

I see you've listed a South African telephone number, but an Australian address.  Unless you've roamed that number this might be an issue because you are claiming to be in Australia when you are not.  They look for local work experience and references to determine whether somebody is really here, that is why finding your first job is so hard.

I know nothing about finding jobs, but I would make it clear in my CV that I have work rights and do not need visa sponsorship.   Adding that you have a driver's licence might not hurt either. 

Looks pretty good to me - and the above comments from other forumites are good ones. If he managed teams, perhaps also mention the number of staff to give an idea of company size (apart from $ value).

(PS I'm being really pernickety now but the font for your phone number and address is different to the remainder of the doc).