Iets & Dyslexia

5teven5teyn

Hi All, 

I suffer from a form of Dyslexia that affects my spelling. Thank goodness for word processors...😅 unfortunately this does not bode well for my upcoming IELTS test and this has me worried. Does anyone have any advice or have had any similar issues? I've read that in some cases they will allow for extra time or even allow for the use of a word processor if the applicant is in possession of a valid medical report stating the case.  

Thanks

Hi

There is the possibility of applying for extra time with the IELTS test if you are able to provide evidence of Dyslexia.  I was in contact with someone at IELTS a couple of weeks ago and asked about this - they stated they need at least 6 weeks notice to arrange this for you. 
Note also that ad hoc reports say that even when arranged in advance sometimes the facilities are not available on the day - I assume as that the message got lost on route - therefore do take any correspondence showing you this has been agreed and pre-arranged with you.    

(Other Special Accessibility Arrangements include hearing issues, enlarged text and Braille options - need at least 3 months notice)

Good luck - also there are web sites where you can practice the format and question type.  This can be very useful in knowing the type of format to expect on the day.