REQUIREMENTS AGED PARENTS RELOCATING

PieterseThel

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Pieterse

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure some others will come in and talk about their experiences. 

You might also look at some of the ongoing threads relating to people waiting for some of the parent visa options. e.g.

I am assuming that you are looking at Permanent Residence options for parents - you state they are aged (in terms of visas this would currently mean over 65.5 years of age).
We have a web page discussing the main options  http://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/parent_visa

If looking at shorter term visas there are visitors visas that can be requested for periods of up to 12 months.

Tee

Edited by TeeTMI

Thank you Tee for your response.  My daughter, son in law and granddaughter have recently relocated to Brisbane and would like my husband and I ( we are in our 70s) to relocate as well  due to the unsettling situations arising her in South Africa.  I have another daughter and son in law living in Cape Town.   All the Visa types are very confusing.  It has been suggested that we initially go on holiday for a year to see if we would like to make the move and if we do then apply for the necessary Visas.  Can you please give advice in this regard including the costs that would be involved.  Thank you.

Hi PieterseThel

If you send me an email at my business email below I can send you a quote and comment .  You could send me your email address via the PM system but I see you are a new member and I think you may need at least 3 posts before you can send personal messages. 

Tee