Leaving on Thursday 31st - JHB to Brisbane - then looking to rent

Ulrich_W

Hi everyone,

Just a thank you to all your messages, advice and well wishes via this forum.

We have finally jumped through all the hoops (see timeline in my signature) and are headed to Brisbane on Qantas. 40kg baggage allowance on a "migration flight" (economy) which helps.

We have a two week reservation in a hotel and my spouse Ronel commences employment on 12 June.. I have to find accomodation close to transport / amenities (we will be working in the CBD) - ANY suggestions of agents / areas?

Kind regards

Ulrich and Ronel

Hey there.

We are staying at the Kangaroo point apartments for a month until we can get other accom. With young kids we need to feel semi settled......, loads of washing etc .......

They seem to be very reasonable.

Regards

FM

Edited by fisherman

Hi Ulrich,

Congratulations on your visa(s)!!!

Hey there.

We are staying at the Kangaroo point apartments for a month until we can get other accom. With young kids we need to feel semi settled......, loads of washing etc .......

They seem to be very reasonable.

Regards

FM

We were in Brisbane in April and I saw a notice at Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments charging about $450 per week (at that time... :) ), but $420 for 4 or more consecutive weeks. I know it sounds a bit steep, but keeping in mind that it is fully furnished etc., I think it is quite reasonable... :(

All the best!

Bye, Pippa! X

Hi

We are currently renting in an area of Brisbane called Jindalee. It is close to schools, public transport, shops etc. We are hoping to buy our own property and then this rental will become available (probably next 30days or so). Let me know if you're interested.

Congrats on your visa approval. Trust me, the feeling you experience when you land here as a permanent resident is PRICELESS!! They could use that scenario for that credit card advert. :)

Take Care

Pam