Global Special Humanitarian Visa

Spicegold

Question

Hi guys,

So there is a story floating on whatsapp about the Global Special Humanitarian visa suddenly made available for South Africans in general and not just farmers.

In the message the person says that they spoke to the Department of Immigration office in Perth and that the 2 visa`s made available is the subclass 202 & 201.

I`m questioning whether this information. Peter Dutton may have come out and publicly stated and acknowledged the truth of the dire circumstances saffas face but I doubt a decision (if any) would have been made so quick days after his statement.

Is there any agents on here that can confirm this?

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

@Spicegold I saw an agent post on one of the facebook groups that this is not true, and that a decision has not been made yet. I highly doubt it would be passed on the quiet and the news spread via WhatsApp groups.

Wishful thinking! 

My initial response to my family who sent it to me was that it’s hogwash, but there’s a lot of desperate people who will do anything to leave but just doesn’t have the means to and who’s grasping at straws. I pretty much just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything. I looked online first and couldn’t find any reports or news showing any truth in this anyway, but since things do sometimes change rapidly and I’m not a visa agent I told them I’d look into it.

• Like 1

These visas do exist and are listed on immi.gov.au but I doubt anyone from South Africa will qualify:

The Global Special Humanitarian visa (subclass 202) is for you if you are outside Australia, are living outside your home country, are subject to substantial discrimination amounting to a gross violation of your human rights in your home country, and are proposed by a person or organisation in Australia.

The In-country Special Humanitarian visa (subclass 201) is for you if you are living in and subject to persecution in your home country, and have not been able to leave that country to seek refuge elsewhere.

My mom was told by a friend that single woman in SA will get a visa and special preference... I almost choked on my coffee! Told her there is no wayyyyyyyyyyyy that can be true... yes SA crime is bad BUT there are many other people /countries that have it worse. Single ladies that are scared of traffic lights at night don't really qualify for a special case. There are MANY untrue stories doing the rounds now in SA feeding people false hope.

Edited by Mel-B

Yes unfortunately new visa scams are going to be the new thing conning Saffas out of big sums of money.