South African Documentary

ChrisH

I've been contemplating whether I should post this up for the last week, but the aim of this is to create international awareness. 

An American journalist is making a documentary on the state of South Africa focusing on the safety of farmers.  Most of us still have family in South Africa so it is vital to create awareness of what some people in South Africa have to go through.

This is just the trailer, she is still working on the full production.  Watching this just makes me so thankful for Australia!

So very sad...

I can't even say unbelievable! as it is actually very believable.  We've seen it coming, we've seen it get worse and we'll see it completely destroyed! 

I feel desperately sorry for those remaining commercial farmers in Africa. I do not see any solutions that will save this important industry sector...it's provides more than money and employment to thousands in the  country...it provides an essential commodity to the whole country..... food.

Just look at what happened to Zimbabwe when the commercial farmers were evicted on mass circa 2000. I suspect the same fate awaits South Africa some time in the future.

I am one of the lucky ones. My entire family has left Africa (we were part of the 1820 settlers so it was hard saying good bye) and have settled in Australia.

We all love it here and cannot believe how much our lives have improved compared to what we would have had if we remained in JHB.

Anyone still considering Australia should understand just how abnormal South Africa is. I suspect like most immigrants, you only relaise this once you have made the move!

I wish we could say that it is fear mongering and that things will not get that bad... but sadly things are that bad, and war/genocide is probably coming. :(

Would be interesting to see the documentary and what she thinks the cause is.