Some quirks :-)

RussellJ

1. Zombie Trollies. They have a mind of their own and everyone looks like they are about to have a stroke pushing one. Business opportunity here to import proper trollies from RSA :-)

2. Straws. Forget getting straws wrapped in paper in most places. They are grabbed and shoved in your drink or you can happily help yourself to them from a pile, once you manage to grab hold of one after a few attempts like everyone else before you :-). Another business opportunity :-)

3. Ice creams. Maybe it’s just the shops I’ve been to but I on most occasions cannot find loose ice creams, have to buy a box unless I go to a garage. Killer on a hot day :-)

21 hours ago, RussellJ said:

3. Ice creams. Maybe it’s just the shops I’ve been to but I on most occasions cannot find loose ice creams, have to buy a box unless I go to a garage. Killer on a hot day :-)

Also recently noticed this, I have seen them sold individually at servos and night owl shops though.

On 28/01/2018 at 11:39 AM, RussellJ said:

1. Zombie Trollies. They have a mind of their own and everyone looks like they are about to have a stroke pushing one. Business opportunity here to import proper trollies from RSA :-)

2. Straws. Forget getting straws wrapped in paper in most places. They are grabbed and shoved in your drink or you can happily help yourself to them from a pile, once you manage to grab hold of one after a few attempts like everyone else before you :-). Another business opportunity :-)

:lol: zombie trollies! For sure! 

Meh...don't really use them much?

We can buy ice creams in 4x packs at Woolworths? Or is this not what you mean?

@RedPanda

My assumption is that he means on a hot day he wants to stop and buy an ice cream, but can only buy them in packs. I can remember in RSA there being a freezer near the check outs, like the soft drink fridges and you could pick up one ice cream.

Now @ChrisH is right, the only place you find them in singles is at a garage shop, or a local grocery shop (the little ones that sell everything)! The problem is, you could well pay the same price for one than what you would pay for  a box of 4! :o

Buy cones from gelato shops (or MacDonalds)