Hi

SassySami

Hi 

I am Samantha and I have recently  accepted  a job offer  based in Sydney.

I am should be landing at the end of Feb, currently still busy with compiling all the visa requirements.

I excited about the new opportunity and exploring a new city!

Welcome to the forum! How long have you been looking into migrating? What kind of visa are you applying for? We love details! ;)

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you already applied for your visa?  If not, I'm not sure you'll be arriving in February.

Hi Everyone

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am coming across on a 457 visa, I have been offered a position with  the Sydney division of my current employer.

They are currently busy with all the visa requirements and filing etc . My start date is 12 March 2018.

Overall the interview process started in August last year and I eventually accepted the offer in mid December. I was also holidaying and  on assignments in Europe between August and December so this possibly also  added to the delay. Being mid-December this did make it difficult to get all the documentation and visa requirements ready as almost everyone was on holiday but everything is done now and based on current turn around times they expect it can take 2-4 weeks for the visa approval.

Presently I do think I will eventually relocate permanently however having never been to Australia before I plan to make that decision once I have spent at least a year in the city.

I am moving on my own, so there is slightly less admin however packing up all my clothes and shoes may well require a lot of extra luggage on the plane. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

@SassySami Have you heard anything back yet? Not to make you worry but unless your employer is on the priority list, your visa is likely to take quite a bit longer. We were also told 2 weeks for 457, maybe a bit more when we lodged on 30 November and still haven't heard anything.