Pearsons frustrations

rich1203

Hi everyone

Has anyone experienced anyuploading of scored tests on the Pearsons pte website. And if so how did you solve it

My husband took forever to get his results.  It took him several phone calls to their IT support.  There was some error with his results not showing.  And they refuse to give you the results any other way.  They told him it will be posted, and then told him they no longer post results.  It took weeks.  Keep calling them.  

Hi @rich1203

I wrote my exams on the 14th of December (3rd time).

The previous 2 times I received my results the following morning but this time there was a huge delay of 13 business days.

After the 5th business day passed without any results, I phoned the support and they escalated my query to senior management that would take another 3-5 business days.

After that passed and demanded a refund and my results were available the within 2-3 days.

I know they had a system update on the 12th to 14th of December so that might have caused some delays as they had to run integrity checks on the system.

I am not sure if this is your issue or is your main issue to send the results to DIBP? Let me know and then I will be happy to assist.

Hi there ADJacobs

Thanks for writing back.

So you have had a rough time with them as well, Gees that seems like a nightmare.

I had to phone England and then only discovered that the uploading using google was the issue and then tried Internet Explorer and it worked but slowly.

I have a few questions for you actually.

1. Which centre in your opinion is better, I'm in Sandton but I was told Edenvale is better?

2. How did you prepare yourself? I have bought the gold package from pearsons pte? Struggling with the recording summary.

3. Are there any tips you could give when writing the exam?

Kindest regards

Hi @rich1203

You are welcome bud.

To answer your questions:

1. I can't really comment on the resting facilities in Joburg as I am based in Cape Town.

2. I actually bought the E2 Language Basic PTE Package and prepared using that, amazing material but in my opinion, it did not prepare me for the challenges I faced writing the PTE. I ended up buying the Gold Package from Pearson and did the 2 scored exams and after that, I scored 90/90/90/89 in the exam. Be careful though you can only do the scored exams once so make sure you are well prepared and try and simulate exam conditions while doing them.

3. Rich there is so many I don't even know where to start.

• I would say the most important is exam technique. E2 Language has some great tips on exam technique for all the different sections. Understand how each section is scored i.e In 'describe image' content is less important than oral fluency, focus on keeping your oral fluency good even if it means you have to describe something that's not in the image. 

• This exam is really not a pushover (or at least not for me) - study, study, study and familiarise yourself with all the different sections and the order in which they present themselves in the exam. You really want to know what to expect in the next question. You don't want to wonder in the exam, is this 'multiple choice choose single answer' or 'multiple choice choose multiple answers'. It rattled my cage in the exam so be careful.

• Speaking is definitely the trickiest part but be careful not to neglect the other sections. Listening can be quite tricky as well, its close to the end and one tends to lose concentration.

• Be mindful of your time for each section especially during speaking and listening. During the listening and speaking section, you have a set time to complete the various tasks so it's easy to run out of time in the end.

• Focus on the template structures for key sections such as Describe Image, Re-tell Lecture, Write Essay and Summarise spoken text. Very important.

I can email you a bunch of notes and summaries (mind maps, template structures, exam layout etc.) that I have made from E2 Language then you don't have to buy that.

Just send me your email.

Cheers

Hi there 

Thanks that a great help.

rich.j.r@hotmail.com 

thank you again 

I will be taking the course at the end of next week. 

Ja I know all the different sections are actually so different.

I am practising whenever I can now.

• 3 months later...
On 1/17/2018 at 1:41 PM, ADJacobs said:

Hi @rich1203

I can email you a bunch of notes and summaries (mind maps, template structures, exam layout etc.) that I have made from E2 Language then you don't have to buy that.

Just send me your email.

Cheers

Dear @ADJacobs , if it is possible, can you email me your notes and summaries aswell? 

Many thanks 

Melvin (melvin.engelbrecht@gmail.com)

Edited by Melvin2705
in correct spelling

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎17 at 1:41 PM, ADJacobs said:

Hi @rich1203

You are welcome bud.

To answer your questions:

1. I can't really comment on the resting facilities in Joburg as I am based in Cape Town.

2. I actually bought the E2 Language Basic PTE Package and prepared using that, amazing material but in my opinion, it did not prepare me for the challenges I faced writing the PTE. I ended up buying the Gold Package from Pearson and did the 2 scored exams and after that, I scored 90/90/90/89 in the exam. Be careful though you can only do the scored exams once so make sure you are well prepared and try and simulate exam conditions while doing them.

3. Rich there is so many I don't even know where to start.

• I would say the most important is exam technique. E2 Language has some great tips on exam technique for all the different sections. Understand how each section is scored i.e In 'describe image' content is less important than oral fluency, focus on keeping your oral fluency good even if it means you have to describe something that's not in the image. 

• This exam is really not a pushover (or at least not for me) - study, study, study and familiarise yourself with all the different sections and the order in which they present themselves in the exam. You really want to know what to expect in the next question. You don't want to wonder in the exam, is this 'multiple choice choose single answer' or 'multiple choice choose multiple answers'. It rattled my cage in the exam so be careful.

• Speaking is definitely the trickiest part but be careful not to neglect the other sections. Listening can be quite tricky as well, its close to the end and one tends to lose concentration.

• Be mindful of your time for each section especially during speaking and listening. During the listening and speaking section, you have a set time to complete the various tasks so it's easy to run out of time in the end.

• Focus on the template structures for key sections such as Describe Image, Re-tell Lecture, Write Essay and Summarise spoken text. Very important.

Just send me your email.

Cheers

Hi

I've just read your post regarding the Pearson test as I've just started to do some research on it.

I wrote IELTS about a month ago but didn't score maximum points in all categories and therefore booked another IELTS for 30 June.

In the meantime I want to try Pearson to see if I can't obtain maximum points faster.

Can I please ask if you can also send me the notes mentioned above?

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Just to update you all.  My husband wrote the PTE yesterday morning.  He was lucky enough to be the only one in the room and received his results today.  For us it was a painless process.  Either we were really lucky or they upped their service.

Good luck to all of you on your journeys.  

On 5/8/2018 at 8:04 PM, Carl said:

Hi

I've just read your post regarding the Pearson test as I've just started to do some research on it.

I wrote IELTS about a month ago but didn't score maximum points in all categories and therefore booked another IELTS for 30 June.

In the meantime I want to try Pearson to see if I can't obtain maximum points faster.

Can I please ask if you can also send me the notes mentioned above?

Thank you

Hi Carl

I am also planning to write PTE. Can you please share your notes with me.

My email address is hcmsan@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

HI ADJacobs

I did the PTE twice last month.On both occasion i struggled to get the dreaded >79 in all 4 sections. I have now bought the gold package and hope to redo the test this month. Does the scored gold package give you feedback on each section , like multiple choice or describe image? 

Will you also share your notes with me? 

regards 

P

4 hours ago, Philip84 said:

Does the scored gold package give you feedback on each section , like multiple choice or describe image? 

Yes, they will mark it and give scores.

Hi @Philip84, the gold package was great. Was just like writing the exam with the feedback and score.

I did ok on the first practice exam, improved on the second practice and did even better in the actual test. So i would recommend it.

Just some advice, practice with headphones on and some background nice like the TV etc. Helps you practice to zone out and focus.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:08 PM, ADJacobs said:

Hi @Carl,

Anytime, what is your email address?

Hi

Hope you are well.

Just want to ask if you could possibly still send me your Pearson notes?

Writing my second IELTS next week, but if I don't get the required marks I'm changing over to Pearson.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Carl how did your IELTS test go? My husband is writing the end of the month 

On 7/8/2018 at 8:13 PM, Daleen said:

Hi Carl how did your IELTS test go? My husband is writing the end of the month 

Hi, the IELTS went ok but I’m still skeptical whether I’ll have 8’s in all four bands. This time I had one lesson on the Writing just to learn more about the style they want. For me the Listening was the most difficult as there was about 5 questions which were difficult to follow... Getting the results this coming Friday so I’m hoping for the best!

Will this be your husbands first time doing the test?

I really hope you get it!! Yes it is also his first test. He must also get 8 on every test. I understand that you can't just redo the part that you failed? If you take a new test does that then cancel your previous test marks or can you for example submit two results from the one and two from the other? 

55 minutes ago, Daleen said:

If you take a new test does that then cancel your previous test marks or can you for example submit two results from the one and two from the other? 

No, it doesn't cancel any results, but you have to submit a result as a whole.  Meaning you can't submit one test with 2 good sections and another with 2 good sections.  The results put forward to emigration have to be from a single test.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback Chris, would've been easier if you could have submitted it separately :D.

Have a blessed day further

2 hours ago, Daleen said:

I really hope you get it!! Yes it is also his first test. He must also get 8 on every test. I understand that you can't just redo the part that you failed? If you take a new test does that then cancel your previous test marks or can you for example submit two results from the one and two from the other? 

Hi Daleen, 

Unfortunately, if one has to re-take the test,  the new results totally cancel the previous ones, even if your previous marks are better in some sections. 

• Thanks 1