Are Invitations to Apply also based on the Skill?

March2

Question

Good Day All,

Just wanted to know when waiting for an ITA, besides the number of points one has, does the skill also matter?

I am applying with 65 points as Secondary School Teacher.  Would that skill make a difference or determine how soon I get an ITA?

TIA

5 answers to this question

I am not sure (maybe one of the agents know). But from my research I suspect points and time since lodging is more important than your occupation, unless you are in one of the occupations that they stagger over the year due to the large number of applicants (accountants is one of these). So if they will allow 1200 accountants in a year, no more than 100 are invited per month, even if they all apply with 80 points. But other than that I think they take it from highest points to lowest, and within a points band it's more about how long ago you lodged your EOI.

For what it's worth I also applied with 65 points, actuary, we'll see what happens. Good luck!

Thanks @Tntaglia.  Haven't as yet lodged EOI...working with an agent and they still need to lodge...(sigh)  They promised by the end of this week so fingers crossed for an invite for the next round.  In March I turn 45 so need this invite really soon!  And the recent drop with invites in the November round is scary.

Good luck with your ITA.  Hoping to add my details to your post on "Current EOIs..." soon!

With 65 points as a Secondary School Teacher you would have waited 2 months in October, I expect that to increase given the reduction in invite numbers - although things often slow down at this time of year so maybe less people will apply.  It is always difficult to judge given the many unknowns into the future. 

On my ITA for a 190 from NSW it stated that my skill is needed in the NSW economy, maybe that is an indication that your skill does contribute