No clue

TashDC

Hi all

My family and I have PR visas and will be moving to Aus at the end of this year.

I have no clue how to join an Australian private medical aid. I've been with Discovery since I was born, do I have to still serve the exclusion periods in Australia? We are eligible for Medicare but for tax reasons I want to join a private medical aid.

Can anybody recommend the best way to move our belongings?

Thank you :)

7 hours ago, TashDC said:

We are eligible for Medicare but for tax reasons I want to join a private medical aid.

You have a year to figure this out before the medicare loading starts on your tax.  

• Like 1

You may want to note my previous comment regarding Private Health cover - 

• Like 1

Re moving your stuff.
Depends how much you have.

You can get 40ft or 20ft containers with guys like Crown, Bayleys, Economove etc, or you can go for a Move Cube, or you can literally ship a few loose boxes. But since it mid Nov and you want to move Dec, I think you should get on the phone and talk to everyone you are considering to get quotes ASAP!
Bringing things over for immigration is tax free, as long as they are more than a year old. If you want to bring a wine collection, bring proof of the prices because you might pay tax on that, and RSA prices are way lower than Aussie prices.

Good luck!