Missions

JasonandMpho

Good day everyone

My name is Jason, and my wife is Mpho. We have a young daughter.

A season has come to move from our comfort zone, and expand to new lands. We enjoy living in SA with its dynamics and can see God doing great things to the people of this nation. 

I am an Industrial Engineer (12 years), while my wife is a Human resources consultant ( 7 years). 

At the moment, we are busy starting the process of gathering all the documents to apply for a visa. (Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)). 

This forum has been helpful in sharing information about practically getting through the visa process.

Regards

Jason and Mpho. 

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)

• Like 4

Welcome! :D 
If you have any questions, just shout!

(Cool profile pic!)

As an industrial engineer I guess you are going to go through Engineers Australia for your skills assessment? I know of at least 4 engineers in the past 3 years who have had little to complain about with the process. Sometimes the engineering descriptions/categories don't match up perfectly and then they assess you on the closest match they can find. But mostly they are helpful, and the changes to electronic forms and applications have made it much easier and cheaper. I still had to DHL them certified copies of all my documents, and arrange for DHL to pickup my letter from them.

Good luck! Emigration is one helluva ride ;) but it has a good destination.

• Like 1

Its been an interesting week , reflecting on what God has said to us and selecting the right visa to follow through. 

There is a change in our visa selection. I am now applying for the Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457).  My assignment is to acquire work experience in Australia for a season. Relocation to Australia will be confirmed in the future. 

I am glad that it was clarified this week, before I applied for the incorrect visa at the wrong time. When you walk with Him, patience and seeking Him is required, as He is teaching me to trust in Him, and His ways, and not mine.  

Otherwise, have a blessed weekend.   

Trust in yourself as well. S/He would support that.

("The Lord helps those who help themselves").

• Like 1

Greetings,

I have a question; if I take up a Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457), and would like my family (wife and daughter) to visit for a season, what process would I take? Would a family or partner visa be applicable, even though I do not have a Aus Citizen or PR visa to sponsor them.

Thanks

I would imagine they would only need a tourist visa then.

Just be aware of the changes made, as of 18 April to the 457 visa.

1 hour ago, JasonandMpho said:

If I take up a Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457),

People can apply as a family unit for a 457(all of you on the same application), so you are ALL given the same visa.  Your wife and daughter can then use this visa to come and go as and when they want to. You will need to research what the steps to permanent residents' visa are and whether there is any issue with the amount of time your family spend in Australia. I'm not sure if or what the requirements are so best to check.

Here is the link to the visa information for you to read about the full conditions/requirements: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/457-#tab-content-1

• Like 1