Transcripts

Zane

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi Zane.  Yes they are the same.  They should have all the courses you did including all the results.  What skill are you applying for?  Can't answer what docs you need if we don't know what skills/assessment you need them for.

IELTS is valid for 2 years. For teaching you have to do the academic version and score 8 and above for speaking and listening and 7 and above for reading and writing. Are you applying as secondary school teacher? You need to also get your qualifications assessed by AITSL . You also need to have completed a minimum of 45 days teaching practice during the years of study in secondary school with ages 13-18 (if that's the teaching degree you are applying with). So besides the transcripts from UNISA you also need a letter to confirm your teaching practice.  Whilst there you should also get a syllabus break down for all the courses you did towards your qualifications. It's quite a process so shout if you need further assistance. I am not an agent but I just sent my qualifications off to AITSL and I am waiting and crossing fingers for a positive skills assessment.

• Like 1

When we wrote IELTS they specifically said, on official documentation that it would be valid for 3 years. That was about 3 years ago now. I don't know if they have reverted back to the old times again since. (I should add that it was the test administrators that gave this period, not any other skills assessment authority eg Engineers Australia)

Edited by RedPanda

Hi. I did a Bed (foundation phase) and also need to get my transcripts and letter for 45days teaching prac from UNISA? Do I need to go into one of the campuses or do you know who I contact electronically or over the phone?

hi, i found going into UNISA the best for getting the transcripts. Go early by 730 before the office open. You should be done by 9.30am. I was unsuccessful phoning or emailing. I also went to the DBN offices next to Provisions Bookshop.