How long does a money transfer take?

Shampoo

FNB sucks. I am waiting 2 weeks for a money transfer for my monthly expenses. Nothing seems to carry on happening for a long time now. I was supposed to pay rent last week but still waiting for FNB despite 3 emails and one to the Non- Res manager. 

It is my money and they are hanging on to it as if it is theirs. 

They have no need to get permission from the Financial Surveillance  Dept. as they are a bank and can transact without permission. 

How long do you guys have to wait?

We make use of a forex company and they use Mercantile Bank. Once the trade has been booked it takes 2 business days for the funds to be in your account in Australia 

We used to us FX Capital, they work through Investec, and it would take a couple of days to show this side. They moved up their minimum transaction now, so I'm not sure how practical it will be for monthly transactions.

But going straight through the banks 'as is' is probably the most expensive and most frustrating way to go. For sure, look for other transfer options. I'm sure other guys on the forum will also pipe up and tell you who they use.

The last time FNB did a transfer to me the funds were available in my CBA account the very next day.

Two weeks? They have either not tried to do it, or the transaction has failed and they did not notice. I have had both of those happen to me in the past, so I have to agree with your assessment of FNB.

I financially emigrated so can only transact via my blocked rand FNB account at their non-res center.