Visa payment question

Mel-B

Question

I have a random yest pressing question.

My mom is going to see her pension adviser at UNISA on Tuesday (she works at UNISA and is retiring in December) regarding payment amounts into which accounts etc.

Her question and decision which is coming along fast (and we haven't considered this yikes) is whether when she applies for her 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) from South Africa next year - does it make any difference from where the payment comes? Can she for example put the money in her Melbourne bank account (which she opened here on holiday last year) and pay from here (giving me authority to do it for her) or MUST the payment be made from her in South Africa, or can she give the money directly to me and I pay for it from Melbourne - we are CLUELESS whether where and from whom the payment is made is important at all?

Your advise would be greatly appreciated!

3 answers to this question

I don't know for sure, but this is what I think:

To the best of my knowledge, the guys at Border know very well where people are (on-shore or off-shore), so they are not looking at the source of payment to tell them if the person is in South Africa or in Australia. And it would make sense to me that they also don't care if the person pays for their own visa or if family pays for the visa. I don't think they would blink if the money came from an account that isn't even in your mom's name.

OK that is our feeling too. Thank you ladies :)