Visa Application options available - fiance already has a 189 PR Visa

Anush

Question

Hi,

Could anyone assist with some advise.

I want to begin my application for a PR visa for Australia but I am not sure what options are available as my fiancé already has a PR visa.

We will be getting married beginning of next year.

Can I begin the application process now using his details or do I have to apply for my Visa separately.

What visa are the option available?

3 answers to this question

I think it should be possible to add you to his visa, especially once you are married. But I'm not an expert, so perhaps hold on for a better answer ;) 

I you should be able to go on his, im nor a professional so just make 100% sure. Can you guys prove you have been together a while? If yes even if you only marry next year it should be fine.

If i was you i would get all the documents ready (birth certificate, eng test, degree if you want to claim points for yours to). It will be much more expensive to apply for your own visa, rather see if you can't be a spouce our partner on his. 

Hi Anush, if you plan to get married while offshore and before the visa is decided, it is possible for you to apply for a partner visa offshore on the basis of your planned wedding. If you are onshore and have been living with your partner for 12 months or your relationship has been registered with the relevant state, then it may be possible for you to apply for a partner visa and get a bridging visa allowing you to remain in the country while awaiting the decision. It would depend on which visa you are holding. Processing of the visa application may take around 12- 18 months.