ielts

Libra

Question

Hey there

Let me start by saying that this is an excellent site! 

Quick question. 

Has anyone ever applied for an EOR (remark) on their ielts test? If so, what was the outcome? Did your result change? 

Also, are there any teachers that are in the motion of applying for a visa? If so, how many points do you have? 

Thank-you 

10 answers to this question

Hi @Libra  thanks for your well wishes. My agent informed me that it would take between 4-5 months.  I'm praying for a quicker timeline as come March next year I will be 45 and with the new rules...well you know the rest. I hope that you come right with the remark.  With regards to the rewrite, just practise, practise and practise some more.  I bought the Road to IELTS package and it really helped me a lot.  I got the scores I needed first time for superior English.  Just be calm and focused on the day.  I didn't want to talk to anyone at the exam center and be distracted.  People spoke about immi laws and how difficult the test is and all kinds of negatives...not good when it's your first time.  I had so many issues with my headphones for the listening part.  It set my emotions off but I just took a deep breath, said a silent prayer and forged ahead.  I also was nervous with my speaking as I felt that the examiner was not even listening to me, but it looks like he did as I got the score I needed.  So just believe that you are going to ace this and you WILL.  All the best!

Hi @Libra I can't answer your question about the IELTS remark but I am a teacher and I have just started the process as well.  I am using an agent to assist me with my application and from their assessment, I have 65 points going for SC189.  If I go for SC190 I would have 70 points.  I am claiming maximum points for experience as I don't have too many points for age.  Have just submitted to AITSL to have my skills assessment for secondary school teacher.  Praying really hard for a positive assessment and maximum points on work experience.

• Like 1

Thank you @March2 Wow that is awesome! I'm having my test remarked as I need 0.5 for speaking :( I felt as though I did really well. I will have to wait and see whether I get a positive outcome. I am rewriting the ielts though, to try and achieve 20 points for superior English. I hope all goes well your side! Do you know how long the skills assessment will take? 

@March2 I hope that it takes quicker than the reported 4-5 months. Good on you for obtaining superior English first time round, and thank you for the advice on my rewrite. 

1 hour ago, Libra said:

@March2 Hi there! Have you heard about your assessment yet? Still holding thumbs for you! 

Hi @Libra not yet, thanks for asking. AITSL took payment off on 14 August so I guess I've got to sit tight and wait patiently.... really testing my nerves I tell you!  Am just praying hard for a positive assessment. How's things going with you?

@March2 oh well payment taken is progress at least. I am still awaiting my results of my remark! I'm praying that I get the 0.5 that I need. Once I get that I will be sending my docs to the agents and they will prepare it for Aitsl. I'm a bit annoyed though because the agent has not even been in contact with me for all the time that I'm awaiting results. I know that there is nothing that they can do as yet but they could  inform me of changes such as the fees or colour copies. These are all things that I have been finding out about online. Sorry for venting lol had to get it out. 

@Libra Don't mind you venting, sometimes we need to just let it out or else we'd go off our rock!  If you don't mind my asking, did you not meet the IELTS marks needed for your AITSL application or are you just sending for a remark because you want to score maximum points?  Which agents are you using?  This forum is the best when you need to know stuff, if your case is straightforward, it can be done on your own just using the help you get from here.  I have learnt a stack from this forum even before my agent could inform me and started doing a lot on my own until I signed up.

@March2 it's actually 0.5 that I need to submit to Aitsl. I missed the speaking component requirement by 0.5. Embarrassing and disappointing , especially since I felt as though I nailed it! 

@Libra I see why this is distressing.  Just keep the faith and be positive .  You will be successful.  In the meantime, get all other docs sorted so that as soon as your results come through, you wouldn't waste time sorting and searching for stuff and send off to AITSL.  All the best.