Can I apply for a visa online for someone else?

Mikej

Question

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know if I can apply for a visitors visa online for my mother in law who lives in Italy?

So I will be making the application on her behalf online but she is not in Australia and I am.

Many thanks

Michael

4 answers to this question

I just recently applied for my nephew in South Africa for a visitor visa. Got all his information and documentation that I needed. I did the payment and submitted. Included the 956a authorising form so I got all the correspondence. Any further information requested my nephew would forward to me and I would submit. All he did was go for his medicals and biometrics in JHB. Other than that, it was quite easy.

• Like 1

Interesting question, I'm also curious to see the answer.

I had a long-ish look on the border.gov website and came across this https://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/forms/online/evisitor-application-enquiry-form 

It is a form you can submit to the Border authority to make enquiries specifically about a 651 visitors visa. (this is the visa I found by comparing 600, 651, 601. It looks like it is the same as 601 but can be filled in for free if your mom has an Italian passport. Please do your own online lookup and compare to choose the visa you want.)

The point is that you can use the link I have up, and then choose the visa you want to ask questions about, and you will get an answer from the Border guys themselves.

Please tell me if this helps or not.

• Like 1

Thanks RedPanda.

I have used the form to ask my question and will let you know the response.

Cheers

Michael 

• Like 1