Moving suitcases interstate

wonderer

Hi everyone,

we have been in Melbourne just over two weeks. What a transition, "back home" feels long ago and far away, dont know if others also found that. Literally another life.

We managed to get most of the beginning admin done and managed to buy a car - what a relieve..

It's been very hard to get our heads around our new environment as, just after landing hubby started positive talks with a company in Canberra, so we feel very much in limbo. Luckily our container is also still somewhere in limbo.

(Not set, but looks positive ito the job)

So here is my question.... 

We got the 40kg pp and have 10 bags of 160kg to get from the airbnb in Melbourne to Canberra and only have an ave size car. 

Any suggestions? 

Rent a small truck. Also trailer rentals such as U-haul is available everywhere. Otherwise there are a myriad of companies that deliver small quantities of stuff, I suggest start looking for a local Canberra company, normally easier to get a company from your destination.

Last option, post it here and perhaps there are someone going to Canberra.

• Like 1

Thanks @Otto, we're driving up with our car without a tow-bar, so renting a van or a trailer won't work, unfortunately. 

I tried to google for companies you describe but obviously not successfully. What would they call themselves (description) or could you maybe name one or two?

Best I could find so far was the post office @ $50 a piece. 

Try these guys for a quote:

https://www.e-go.com.au

The cases go on a truck, but if you do depot to depot it might work out ok.

I have used them a fair bit for moving boxes and they worked out fine, they just took a bit longer than the post office.

Their quoted transit times are spot on and their tracking is not super up to date but does work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2017 at 10:04 AM, RichardH said:

Try these guys for a quote:

https://www.e-go.com.au

The cases go on a truck, but if you do depot to depot it might work out ok.

I have used them a fair bit for moving boxes and they worked out fine, they just took a bit longer than the post office.

Their quoted transit times are spot on and their tracking is not super up to date but does work.

Thank you!

I somehow missed your message and only saw it now.

We ended up using pack & send. Was the cheapest we could find and they were very friendly and helpful. We paid $175 for a car load. (about 6 pieces)

• Like 1