South African Products in Sunbury

TeeTMI

Hurray - South African Products have arrived in Sunbury! 

Whilst Mara and I sing the praises of Sunbury - for me one thing has been lacking and that is a range of South African products.  I walked into Woolworths yesterday to see a whole shelf of South African products.

For anyone in Sunbury these are close to the other International Products but at the end of the aisle near the flour (I almost missed them).

I have previously tried to get the supermarkets to stock them.  I was chatting to Woolies manager this morning (whilst filling my basket with goodies) - he is an ex-South African (Alain) and has just taken over this store.  He is giving South African products a try and if they take off will continue to stock them - plus is happy to hear if people want him to try and get any other RSA products in.

RSA products.jpg

• Like 6

• 5 months later...

I have just bought some Rooibos tea from Aldi (their FairTrade brand - I notice it is produced in RSA)   I have not tried it yet but am hoping  - I have not found a local supplier near to me yet fro FreshPak, and don't find the flavour as good with  some of the other brands.

• 2 weeks later...

We just discovered that our local Woolies has a similar SA section. I've never seen anything like this in any other Woolies store before, although I do know of one Coles store elsewhere that has a SA section.

Not sure how long this will last - there are not too many people of SA origin around here, NSW Southern Highlands. They won't make much from us - we have now lived in Oz for longer than we were in SA.

Edited by woodag

• 2 months later...

Well I have now decided not to bring any furniture over. I am going to sell EVERYTHING and buy a container load of niknaks and then sell them in Australia. @$3.99 per packet I can make something like $2.99 profit per packet :-) :):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by FingersCrossed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3