Victoria 190 Visa Financial Resources Requirement

CharlesH

Question

Hi Everyone,

For the 190 state sponsored visa Victoria requires financial resources.  It states on the website that they do not require proof of the requirement.   Is this correct?  If proof is required is it only cash in bank or do investments (i.e. unit trusts, tax free savings etc) also count?   I just want to make sure I can provide proof if required.

6 answers to this question

When we applied in January this year (also a 190 via Victoria), we did not need to show proof of the finances we stated. We showed the estimated sale value of our cars, estimated sale value of our house, savings, pension funds etc. We also took into account real estate agent fees, flights to Aus, cost of a movecube etc. We made it as realistic and honest as possible and they never queried it.

• Like 1

Thanks, that's where our money is as well - cars, house, savings, pension.  

Edited by CharlesH

Our experience was the same. Financial resources based on sum of assets. Not queried. Hope all goes well.

That's the thing about Australians. We are mostly very honest and law abiding. We expect visa applicants to be the same. We take your word on face value. However, if you are caught out in a lie, we get very angry.

Some while ago a South African friend of my wife was working as a nanny in Indonesia. She applied for a tourist visa to visit us. On the application she answered that she had never applied for a visa before. Unfortunately she had applied for a PR and been rejected.

The then prime minister John Howard was our minister for parliament and we got him to write a letter to the Australian Ambassador in Indonesia to grant her a visa. The Ambassador called my wife's friend in and told her that he realised she had friends in high places but No.

I think that incident says a lot about the difference between Australia and South Africa.

@CharlesH my mom grew up in Krugersdorp and taught at the school. On our visit at the beginning of the year my son and I went there so when she reminisced he had an idea of what she was talking about.

We first went to the Cradle of Mankind to see if we could see anything of his granny (she's quite old). Then we drove to Krugersdorp. We were very impressed with the prettiness of the town nestled amongst the hills.

Edited by SimpleSimon

10 hours ago, SimpleSimon said:

@CharlesH my mom grew up in Krugersdorp and taught at the school. On our visit at the beginning of the year my son and I went there so when she reminisced he had an idea of what she was talking about.

We first went to the Cradle of Mankind to see if we could see anything of his granny (she's quite old). Then we drove to Krugersdorp. We were very impressed with the prettiness of the town nestled amongst the hills.

It is indeed pretty. Just a great pity that crime is out of control.