Moving to Newcastle

Erik

G'day folks

Well, I finally had the courage to apply for a new job and to my surprise got it.

So after almost 4 years in Adelaide, we will be moving to Newcastle at the end of July. We will drive up with a 4 and 2 year old (AHHHHHHHH!).

At this stage I would appreciate any advise and tips regarding Newcastle.

Thanks, guys.

Erik

Hi Erik 

I have made a few trips to Newcastle but not an expert, it is a nice place though :)

I have work take me there for a day or 2 every couple of months

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Visited there a few weeks ago again, looks good. But as in anyplace, there are good bits and bad bits. There are some SA'ns in Belmont south of it, even a very good SA pastor. Very different to Adelaide though. The people are very different in my experience. I find in many ways the South Australians closer to the South Africans.

Hi, I live on the Central Coast and go to Newcastle quite often for fun. It's a great place and if you are looking for a place to stay away from the city  then check out Maitland, Metford and Ashtonfield. There are good schools in the area, a huge new shopping centre under construction  and also an efficient train line. Cheers

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2017 at 11:18 PM, footloosecx said:

Hi, I live on the Central Coast and go to Newcastle quite often for fun. It's a great place and if you are looking for a place to stay away from the city  then check out Maitland, Metford and Ashtonfield. There are good schools in the area, a huge new shopping centre under construction  and also an efficient train line. Cheers

We ended up in Thornton (East Maitland)