Visa Lodged - June 2017

danofotiadis

On 9/14/2017 at 4:22 PM, BlueBaboon said:

Congrats Pepe!!!!!!!! awesome stuff bud.

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED

VISA GRANTED

danofotiadis

20/06/2017

26/06/2017

Yes

TBC

AdriaanSanta

21/06/2017

07/08/2017

Yes

TBC

Lucian

14/06/2017

07/08/2017

Yes

TBC

BlueBaboon

16/06/2017

-

-

15/08/2017

Pepe

01/06/2017

-

-

14/09/2017

Thanks Mate! 

Hope all of you get sorted out very soon. Its just a matter of time. 

On 9/14/2017 at 1:04 PM, Lucian said:

Aah you lucky soul you. I applied the week after you did and I hope this is a sign that ours are on the way and soon to arrive. Good on you aii.

I am sure you are very close! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see so many direct grants coming through and everyvtime I want to cry and get angry. It could have been a direct grant if only.... and then I decide to not think that way.

It is what it is, at least one thing is consistent, we are mostly all still waiting, this means, your Visa is not the one that slipped through the cracks and never gets processed. It is just silently waiting there with all the other hopeful applications.

• Like 1

I agree with you @AdriaanSanta. It feels so unfair to have waited inline for so long, only to find that lots of people who applied a month after you have got their grants in 35 days for example. But lets remain patient.The timeframe is 7 - 11 months and our day is coming and now is.

49 minutes ago, Lucian said:

I agree with you @AdriaanSanta. It feels so unfair to have waited inline for so long, only to find that lots of people who applied a month after you have got their grants in 35 days for example. But lets remain patient.The timeframe is 7 - 11 months and our day is coming and now is.

The timeframes really confuse me - how come some decisions can come through so quickly but others take so long. We are waiting on a child visa for my son who was born after our PR was issued. The timeframe is up to 12 months (we are at 3 months already) yet for some people they got it issued in a matter of days!! One can't help but worry "why is mine taking so long?!"

It's driving me crazy...

Spare a thought for others on this forum who have been waiting 3 years (yes years) for their visas.  Three months (when the timeframe given is 7-11) isn't worth getting upset about.  Rather spend the time decluttering your possessions and seeing parts of RSA on your bucket list because the time between visa grant and activation date always feels VERY short to get everything sorted, packed, sold etc.

• Like 2

So what could be the reason @RYLC. Through your experience, why would it take so long for a legitimate application to gather dust in the Department's shelves? And also remember that de-cluttering possessions too much can be risky in the event that either your visas take a long time to be granted, or the visas are not granted at all.

It depends what visa you are applying for. Visa 143 (parent) takes 36-39 months because of the cap on number issued each year and a huge increase in applications adding people to the queue. People on 457 have a long wait for PR. 

Comparing wait time with other applicants of even the same visa is comparing apples with pears. It will depend on so many things: your occupation, where the cap is on that application at the time you apply, how many other applications were stalled for that occupation because the cap for the previous year was reached early and now just waiting for July to start rolling again, delays with police clearance because many countries need to be applied to for this etc etc. And if you are behind somebody who is "fumbling with their wallet" then you end up waiting too as every time CO has to look at the file for another time. Lodging your application doesn't put you in the starting blocks. It just puts you in the queue for the starting blocks. You have to remember too that the system is a huge database with programming determining when a file pops back up as needing the next step. Humans don't decide personally who to attend to. 

• Like 3

Such a crazy system hey guys, grants being issued like mad one week and emotions running high, followed by week after week of logging in with no change. What a roller coaster. And all the while, trying to make plans, look into the future, organize the family, look for jobs, but not quite, sell houses, but not quite, get excited, but not quite. Hahaha, hurry up and wait! Where do they train you for this?! :D

@danofotiadis Now that is a business plan. "How to cope with waiting for your Visa" classes.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, RYLC said:

Spare a thought for others on this forum who have been waiting 3 years (yes years) for their visas.  Three months (when the timeframe given is 7-11) isn't worth getting upset about.  Rather spend the time decluttering your possessions and seeing parts of RSA on your bucket list because the time between visa grant and activation date always feels VERY short to get everything sorted, packed, sold etc.

I imagine this was aimed at my 3 month comment :)  This however is not our initial waiting period - we have our PR - we are waiting for an additional visa for our son who was born after the PR was granted.

But I see your point ;) 

No I was answering Lucian (post above yours which you posted while I was typing so looks like I'm referring to you when I'm not ) :D

Lucian's signature has his lodgement date in it so 3+ months wait so far.

Edited by RYLC

6 hours ago, RYLC said:

No I was answering Lucian (post above yours which you posted while I was typing so looks like I'm referring to you when I'm not ) :D

Lucian's signature has his lodgement date in it so 3+ months wait so far.

Its now over 4 months. (Lodged on June 9). CO contacted me for the first time,two months after lodging...Two more months have creeped by now.I have decided to accept that I have absolutely no control/influence over the application and to just let the process run its course.What will be,will be. Que sera sera :-)

Don’t you worry guys, yes I know it’s easier said than done.. before our visas were granted there were times I just could not sleep anymore thinking 🤔. The two thoughts were: issue of PCC expiring soon and thinking of the worst nightmare email( not golden email)....I know hey. It was even worse because since the day we applied we never heard from DIBP, only to just check on our profile showing received. Just as I was to give up on the waiting, one early morning a looooong direct grant came through (5mnths wait). We had applied in April and received in Sep. Yes it’s true that when you finally get that visa, the time between the grant and activation is always short, although we were very happy about our entry date ( bcz we expected way less due to PCC expiring just days after our grant), it still feels like we have little time left. We now have just 7 weeks left before we can fly one way....

The time we applied early this year, people used to get their 189 in just a month, some just over a month, but all that changed just before July, we now wait. It’s not that bad though considering some years back people used to wait for a year etc.

So hang in there, you are so very close. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the wonderful encouragement @Samie. It helps to know someone else has walked the same lonely, eerily quiet path that we are walking now. It is an arduous test of patience and faith. But faith is pointless if it is never tested right? Thanks again yeah.

• Like 2

The process nowadays with the Expression of Interest phase does make a final visa grant just a matter of time.  The EOI vets occupations/experience/assessments without the application fee on the table and once an application is made it is really only the medical on the whole that could throw a spanner in the works. So to me, all the angst is in the EOI stage which you've already got through... Is there a particular issue you are concerned about or is it just the wait...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey team, just checking for a pulse :)

No news here, mailed agent and they in turn mailed CO (not that CO reads emails, however, or so they informed me) just to try to get the case moved onward.

Into November we go, crew. Keep plugging away.

As a side note, a mate of mine who has already moved across made an interesting point the other day. I think we kinda make the assumption that the journey (broadly speaking) begins at skills assessment, and ends at grant. Perhaps worth considering that the journey is actually significantly longer, and getting the grant just puts us at the starting line. Packing up, moving across, attending interviews, finding a job, finding a house, placing kids in schools, and finally settling in is perhaps the finish line.

Nothing ground-breaking here, just a bit of perspective whilst we're chasing grants to remind us that we're not at the finish line. Food for thought.

Cheers troops.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, danofotiadis said:

finish line

I would add to this and say the journey doesn't end at all. You are starting a new life in a new country, always learning, always adapting. That settling in can really vary depending on your circumstances, your personality. You may settle in really quickly or it could even take a few years. Take the good with the bad and you'll be fine.