Moving to Sunshine Coast

rosy

We have been living in Sydney for a while, but are considering moving to Sunshine Coast.  Jobs are available, so not an issue.  The work would involve moving between Brisbane and Sunshine Coast, so which suburbs would you suggest is halfway?  Are there any good schools(private or public)?

Have anyone relocated to Sunshine Coast from Sydney and how did you find it?  Would you recommend it or are you sorry for leaving Sydney?  Are there any suburbs similar to North Sydney?  How bad is the humidity?  Thanks

Hi There

We moved to the Sunshine Coast straight from RSA and we love it here. The perfect place if you enjoy the hot humid weather, similar to Durban, just a hell of a lot more humid and much hotter. There may be jobs available here on the coast but just be aware that you will not get the same level of salary as what you would for the same position in Sydney. If you're in health care, education or hospitality, there is plenty of work to go around but again, don't expect the same sort of salary.

You will often hear people say that you live here for the lifestyle and not the money which is my biggest bugbear in life. I was a web developer and to give you an idea, here on the coast the highest salary I could earn was $49500.00 per anum, move to Brissie and you can roughly double that, move to Sydney and you could triple that. 

I would say, do your homework very carefully before you decide to move. The Sunny Coast is not a big area and jobs are scarce and there are a large percentage of FIFO workers here because of it.

Caboolture (Southern Most point of the Sunny Coast) is about half way between Brissie and the Sunny Coast but there are a large number of Saffas in North Lakes which is Brissie North and not far from the Coast and there are several good schools in that area both state and private.

• Like 1

Agree with JuJu, North Lakes is nice, lots of RSA peeps

On ‎2017‎/‎06‎/‎16 at 2:46 AM, HadEnoughofJuju said:

Hi There

We moved to the Sunshine Coast straight from RSA and we love it here. The perfect place if you enjoy the hot humid weather, similar to Durban, just a hell of a lot more humid and much hotter. There may be jobs available here on the coast but just be aware that you will not get the same level of salary as what you would for the same position in Sydney. If you're in health care, education or hospitality, there is plenty of work to go around but again, don't expect the same sort of salary.

You will often hear people say that you live here for the lifestyle and not the money which is my biggest bugbear in life. I was a web developer and to give you an idea, here on the coast the highest salary I could earn was $49500.00 per anum, move to Brissie and you can roughly double that, move to Sydney and you could triple that. 

I would say, do your homework very carefully before you decide to move. The Sunny Coast is not a big area and jobs are scarce and there are a large percentage of FIFO workers here because of it.

Caboolture (Southern Most point of the Sunny Coast) is about half way between Brissie and the Sunny Coast but there are a large number of Saffas in North Lakes which is Brissie North and not far from the Coast and there are several good schools in that area both state and private.

We are moving to Buderim. we have one set of friends there, and not much else ....... eeeeekkk

Eeeeeeek indeed. We moved to Aus having no family and only one set of new friends that we made in the immigration process amd they live in Brisbane. A daunting journey but we survived.