Moving from Melbourne to Gold Cost

CJV

Hi there, we are planning on moving to the gold coast at the end of the year.  Just wanting to find out if anyone has made this move.  Currently looking at quotes on removals and trying to figure out the cheapest way of doing this?

Hi! We moved to the Gold Coast from Perth in January and are really loving it. It is expensive moving and we had to wait until we were here to secure a rental. We moved from Ballito to Oz too! 

We got Chess to do our move and they were great. We got quite a few quotes but what we liked was that they were all inclusive so we knew from the start how much it would cost, no hidden extras. 

We got the cars transferred too. Friends of ours drove their cars over from Perth to GC but we didn't have the time. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Regards

SML

Thank you for your response.  If you are from Ballito we could very well know each other.  Are you able to advise on the estimated costs?  how have you found it finding work?

We moved from Adelaide to Brisbane with Kent removals. They did a good job. We also sent our cars on a train. You can google 'interstate car transport'. In hindsight in would have been cheaper to sell the cars in Adelaide and buy again in Brisbane. But this will depend on the age/value of the car. Ours were maybe 5-6 years old and we wasted money moving them. 

Also, I was hoping to pack the cars full of stuff, but they do not allow anything packed (not even in the boot).

I can't really remember prices, it was several years ago now.

By the way, the interstate move cost us a lot of admin, and as much $$ as emigration, so be prepared. It's like another mini-emigration. 

But on the plus-side, you have already made a huge move, so going interstate seems easier.

I agree Bonny, We should have sold one of our cars, re-registering them is soooo expensive!! Our other car was new so not worth selling. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Depends on the size of the car. Have a look on the QLD road transport website, you can get an estimate from there. :(

• 2 weeks later...

@CJV We got our WA licences and both car regos changed yesterday, $1000 for everything! A lot less than I thought........