Agent's Fees - ENS186 Resonable or Rip-Off?

Riekie

Question

Hi there,

Could any of the migration agents on the forum - or members who recently obtained ENS186 and know the professional fees/agent's fees charged on their application -  please advise what the estimated cost for an ENS186 would be?  (Not the DIBP fees - only the agent fees).

We just received a quote which I think is quite high.  This particular agent has done a few 457's for us, including one for the person we now want to apply for PR. Their fees alone are AUD6050 (for the employer nomination application and 186 application).  We essentially fill out all the paperwork, provide all the documents, and review & edit anything they're not happy with  (I have done about 10 versions of a job description and every time they send it back to change one thing, then again for another thing, and again, and again... all things which they should have picked up on in the first instance)!  I have a 5cm thick file on all the paperwork I've done just for one application...

So, I'm basically not sure if that is a reasonable fee or are they just milking us?

Should we shop around? 

4 answers to this question

Hi

OMARA post details of RMA reported average fees. 

For the Employer Nominations stream (186) the average fees reported to OMARA are $2,000 to $5,500 - note they vary quite a bit as different circumstances can change quite a bit.  I would suggest the lower figure may relate to RMAs either only assisting with one stage or potentially where they are processing multiple very similar applications?

Edited by TeeTMI
  • Like 2

Hi Riekie,

I do quite a few SC186 visas and my fees are pretty much half of what you have been quoted for a Nomination and Visa application.  Let me know if you want me to send you a quote for any visas.

Regards

• Like 3

Thank you guys for your transparency in regards disclosing fees. It is appreciated and I am sure helpful to forum members. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys!  Much appreciated.  The CEO and the relevant staff member is still discussing this at the moment.  If we're going ahead, I'll most definitely be in contact. 

We've done visas with these guys before and never questioned the rates so they're probably just charging what they want seeing as we always just pay...