CERTIFICATION OF COPIES

chrisgreeff

Apologies if the topic has been covered, but I could find info by searching.

Who may certify copies as true copies of the original (and photos as true likeness).

In Aus - anybody from the professions list on the DIBP site, or only  a Justice of the Peace?

In South Africa?

I do believe the Police Clearance Certificate has to be the original.

Thanks. 

Edited by chrisgreeff

Its not hard to find a Justice of the Peace; Its a lot harder to find someone from DIBP.   The JPs are usually at your local shops or local library at set times. Just ring up your local library and ask if they have a JP service.

In South Africa it gets a bit harder. I had my paperwork certified by a policeman. But I have heard stories here of police stations that have been "red flagged" by the Aussie government. i.e. People who got there paperwork certified at one of those police stations were asked to get their paperwork certified elsewhere. 

But I think many people here will tell you they had their local police station certify everything...   and always remember the stamp expires! So, don't get it done months in advance. 

I am not sure about your police clearance certificate... I would expect the DIBP site to say that it has to be an original copy.

• Like 1

Hello Chris,

DIBP no longer require certified copies of any documents - they are happy with clear colour copies. 

If you need certified copies for a skills assessment then you should refer to the skills assessment body for their requirements.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Hi @SD_MOA - thank you for that.

Do you perhaps have a reference that I can use to back that up?

Cheers.