Student Visa

Hi everyone

My nephew finishes Matric/Yr12 this year. We would like him to come over and spend a year with us. He would really also like to study further here. He is currently studying accountancy at school and would love to become an accountant someday. 

Is this doable, please? All ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

I am assuming that you are asking about him studying accountancy at university?  Yes he can study here, however, the costs will be huge $'s as he will definitely be regarded as a foreign student. Google to find the university closest to you, and then check on their website what the costs would be annually to study accountancy. This would only make sense if he was to do the full degree here, just a year.. I think would be a waste of time. On a study visa, I seem to remember that they are allowed to work 20 hours per week in a part time job.

If I am wrong in my advice, I am sure a forum member will be quick to correct me!

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/04/2017 at 10:22 AM, Mara said:

I am assuming that you are asking about him studying accountancy at university?  Yes he can study here, however, the costs will be huge $'s as he will definitely be regarded as a foreign student. Google to find the university closest to you, and then check on their website what the costs would be annually to study accountancy. This would only make sense if he was to do the full degree here, just a year.. I think would be a waste of time. On a study visa, I seem to remember that they are allowed to work 20 hours per week in a part time job.

If I am wrong in my advice, I am sure a forum member will be quick to correct me!

Thanx Mara and apologies for the late reply. Only returned last week from RSA and still getting back into the grind here. Yes, he has decided to just like have a gap year or so. No the other question? Which visa can I apply for to keep him her for say a year? I had a look on the immi website and its looks a bit daunting for me.

@Rodz I am not sure about visitor's visas, which is what it would have to be... but I am sure either @TeeTMI or @SD_MOA will be happy to set you right!