Can you receive 2 visas at the same time?

We applied for our 189 visa and it went in for EOI on the 12th of April 2017. Since no accountants were invited and the General Accountant skills have been red flagged, we also applied for the state sponsorship visa 190. 

Is there a chance that they can issue both visas should they decide to invite accountants in the new financial year again?

Also, if we only get the state sponsorship one (Sidney), must we work that state for 2 years, since Ive heard many people saying they didn't.

No. The last issued visa replaces all previous visas. The last dated visa is the visa you have, not the visa with the most rights.

You can put more than one visa down in your EOI but as 20Years mentioned you can only hold one visa and that will be the visa last granted. 

Should you be granted a 190SS for NSW you are expected to live and work in the sponsoring state for at least 2 years. Yes there have been other people who have received 190's and then moved states because they couldn't find work in that state or didn't want to stay there. You would have to contact your case officer and request permission and give reasons for wanting to move and they would probably grant permission without too much fuss.

However I see it a different way. If you're desperate enough to accept the 190SS for a state you don't want to live in because that's the only way you can get a visa, you should at least be prepared to honor the agreement and live and work in that state for the two years.

Before anyone linches me, remember this is my personal opinion on the matter. Eventually, if people continue to accept state sponsored visas and not honor the two years, the states will stop sponsoring those visas and it will ruin many other peoples chances of getting visas.

I have a friend in this situation at the moment where her only option is a 190 or 489 state sponsored visa and if they were to remove her occupation because of this she would no longer stand a chance of getting out of South Africa.

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju
  • Like 7

Very true HEOJJ, very true.

I am coming up your way in a few weeks time again. Will touch base with you closer to the time.

• Like 1

Can you get two EOIs at the same time for a visa application and then decide which one to use for a visa application? 

You can select multiple visas in an EOI (189, 190, 489 and there's a fourth one but I can't remember its number). If you then get invitations for say the 189 and 190, you will then need to decide which one you're going to apply for.

On 17/04/2017 at 9:46 PM, Elizma said:

Can you get two EOIs at the same time for a visa application and then decide which one to use for a visa application? 

On 18/04/2017 at 0:56 AM, HadEnoughofJuju said:

You can select multiple visas in an EOI (189, 190, 489 and there's a fourth one but I can't remember its number). If you then get invitations for say the 189 and 190, you will then need to decide which one you're going to apply for.

Should you submit EOI for multiple visas and happen to be invited first for the one you really want, you can withdraw your EOI for the other visas. Then you apply for only one visa, and pay for only one visa.

If you submit for multiple visas and get more than one invite, you simply ignore the ones you don't want. After 60 days the invites expire and your EOI goes back into the system.

• Like 1