Early Birthday wishes - Mara

TeeTMI

Hi Mara

I'm being cheeky as I won't be on the computer for the next couple of days - so I'm popping in early to wish you a very Happy Birthday on Saturday.

:)

I hope you have a really great day!

Tee

• Like 4

I'll just forget so happy happy mate for Saturday, hope you have a great Easter weekend and great birthday.

• Like 1

@TeeTMI and @HadEnoughofJuju thank you for the birthday wishes, much appreciated.

Just as an aside... I am always amazed at numbers... I was born on Easter Friday, but in my entire life, to date, I have only ever had one birthday again that fell on Easter Friday, and that was my 13th birthday... go figure!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mara said:

@TeeTMI and @HadEnoughofJuju thank you for the birthday wishes, much appreciated.

Just as an aside... I am always amazed at numbers... I was born on Easter Friday, but in my entire life, to date, I have only ever had one birthday again that fell on Easter Friday, and that was my 13th birthday... go figure!

That's because Easter is a lunar thing, not a date thing. They take the first full moon after Spring Equinox and proclaim that Easter. (Because Easter used to be the welcoming of Spring in the Northern hemisphere. It's also why you have little birds, little bunnies, little lambs, and eggs; they symbolise new life in the new year of warmer weather.) So it's not your imagination, Easter might have actually been dodging you! ;):lol: 

So technically everyone in the Southern hemisphere should be celebrating Easter on the first full moon after the September Equinox. But I think by the time that Easter celebrating people came to the Southern hemisphere the link with spring was probably no longer that strong, so they just kept the date. I think it's a pity.

@RedPanda you just playing with my old mind :D You would imagine in all the years that I have lived, that it would have at least happened once more, even with your system!

@wonderer thank you for your wishes, they are much appreciated.

• Like 1