ACS negative assessment - diploma / 1 year degree

Hi,

The background: I completed the NCC International Diploma in Computer Studies (IDCS), a full year diploma course, in 2000. The education journey was IDCS (year 1), IADCS (advanced diploma, year 2), BSc (Hons, year 3) - validated by a British university. Both the IDCS and IADCS were required in order to begin the BSc (Hons) programme.

My transcript reads:

Please find below the results for ... passed the International Diploma in Computer Studies in December 2000. The International Diploma is the equivalent to year 1 of a 3 year UK honours degree, FHEQ / Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) Level 4.

My transcript letter only shows the module names ("Computer Programming"), and not detailed learning outcomes (analysis & design, database design, etc.). I have requested a programme handbook containing the learning objectives from the issuing authority, although it is a stretch. I have found one from 2008, although I feel it's not admissible.

The ACS has indicated the diploma is not recognised as there is no credit for a 1 year degree, and have offered to convert to an RPL assessment. I'm hoping on feedback on why it's been assessed as a 1 year degree.

The issue: an RPL will leave me with less than 7 years 11 months recognised experience. This means a stretch to reach the pro-rated minimum 65 points for the 261313 stream, or wait for the experience left after the RPL deduction to tick over 8 years.

The point of the post then: have I confused my diploma for a 1 year degree? I'm deciding on whether to submit a request for review, assuming I receive the programme handbook as supporting documentation.

Cheers,

Brian