Resident Return Visa - Compelling reasons

Hi,

I'm hoping there is someone here with insight into what constitutes compelling reasons for applying for a RRV and not being able to arrive in Australia before the PR visa expires.

The sole reason for our delay is the father of my stepson is intent on delaying our departure to the point where the visa lapses using legal tactics. We currently have a high court application in process requesting permission to leave for Australia. All the feedback we have is that our application will be successful but I'm afraid we might not have a ruling from the court in time. Will this been seen as compelling enough to grant a 155 RRV?

Thanks

Charles

Hi Charles, you usually only get an RRV once you are living in the country. As I am no expert, I suggest you PM the two migration agents we have on this forum that kindly offer their time and advice to assist forum members.

@TeeTMI and @SD_MOA one of them may be able to give you the right advice.

Hello Charles,

I am sorry to hear of your situation.  There could be many factors which would influence the Departments decision to grant an RRV like how much time you have spent in Australia in the last 5 years, what ties you have to Australia and the reasons you have not been resident in Australia for any periods of time.  Drop me an email (details below) if you would like more specific advice.

Regards

• Like 1