SkillSelect 189 Invites 15th March 2017 & ProRata occupations

Details of the 15th March 2017 round of Invitations for the 189 SkillSelect visa invites have been published .

I have a graph on my website showing how the waiting periods have varied over time. http://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/DaystoInvite

As long as your occupation is not under the ProRata arrangement (see post above) things are running quickly swiftly for people with 60+ points.

The 3rd round of invitations for this month March 29th is no longer detailed on the DIBP web site however, given the dates for the April rounds (12th and 26th) hopefully it will still occur.

- Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) - 2000 invites to be issued
- Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489 - family sponsored) - 200 invites to be issued.

SkillSelect Occupation Quotas - Places Remaining for each occupation for the189/489 visas for 2016-17
We are over half way through the quota year - luckily for most many occupations are unlikely to reach their quota, for others occupations have already been placed on the Pro-rata list. Occupations on the Pro-rata list generally require more than 60 points to obtain an invite.

We have updated our web site following the15th March 2017 round of invitations. www.taylormadeimmigration.com/Quota2016

As can be seen on this table several occupations are likely to close before the end of the year possibly next month.  As at the 15th March to reach the end of the year occupations would expected to have at least 30% of their places remaining. Note this does not impact on the 190 subclass visa.

Note 2 occupation groups have now reached quota and the DIBP have announced no further invitations will be issued for these occupations.

Computer Network Professionals (2631)
263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
263112 Network Administrator
263113 Network Analyst

Other Engineering Professionals (2339)
233911 Aeronautical Engineer
233912 Agricultural Engineer
233913 Biomedical Engineer
233914 Engineering Technologist
233915 Environmental Engineer
233916 Naval Architect
233999 Engineering Professionals nec

Points.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @TeeTMI  

Had a look on your website, and it looks like there are only 8 spots left for Accountant General?

If that is the case, would it be worthwhile holding off submitting my EOI until July?  

I'm about to submit my skills assessment this week.

Thanks, 

Richard

18 hours ago, Rich990 said:

Hi @TeeTMI  

Had a look on your website, and it looks like there are only 8 spots left for Accountant General?

If that is the case, would it be worthwhile holding off submitting my EOI until July?  

It does not make sense to wait until July - applications that are already submitted all sit in the same pool.  So if you wait until July anyone who submits with the same number of points in the meantime would be in front of you when the occupation opens again in July.

Thanks, will get it in ASAP!

Submitted documents for Skills Assessment today.