July 2017 Visa Changes

HI,

I heard that there are quite a few changes coming into play on the 1 July 2017 with regards to the Visa application. I'm intending to apply for a 189 Visa for myself and my family, and from what I can see the main thing affecting us would be that partners would need to be approved before the I can actually apply. Is my understanding in this correct?

Other than that, is there anything else that I should take note of with regards to the coming changes in July 2017? I see that some items are being removed of the SOL, but I don't think I would be affected as I'm applying as a software developer.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

On 27/03/2017 at 1:21 AM, Mauro said:

HI,

I heard that there are quite a few changes coming into play on the 1 July 2017 with regards to the Visa application. I'm intending to apply for a 189 Visa for myself and my family, and from what I can see the main thing affecting us would be that partners would need to be approved before the I can actually apply. Is my understanding in this correct?

No - you are mixing 2 different visas.  This would not impact the 189 visa. 
The price of visas often increases (usually only slightly) around 1st July.

Edited by TeeTMI

Thanks for the information. How do I know what will affect the 189 visa, from the first of July, or is it just a price increase? 

Unfortunately, it is a bit of wait and see.  The DIBP do sometimes announce changes in advance, sometimes not.