ACS Skill Assesment Expired MCSE

Hi All,

I am new to the Forum to Hi to all,

I have a question if anyone has done this recently.  I am getting my documents ready to send off to the Australian computer society.  In checking the documentation is states that Microsoft certification in Legacy states will not be accepted, 

so the question is my MCSE is in a Legacy state due to the fact that Microsoft did not have an MCSE in 2008 it was a MCITP.  I do hold an MCITP certified in 2008.

Do you think they will consider a MCSE in non Active state, the thing is that Microsoft has brought the MCSE back from 2012 i can re-certify  / Upgrade however it would show the certification date as 2017 and that think that would effect my years of experience? as i have been certified since 2001.

any thoughts on this

regards

Craig

Hello Craig,

They certainly will not accept the MCITP as an acceptable qualification, you are going to have to do an MCSE. Also, the qualification date does not equate to experience so you will need the MCSE along with the proof of the years of experience. You will have to do an RPL along with an accepted ACS qualification. I have attached the accepted Vendor Certifications.

Vendor Certifications - 2015.pdf

Hi there,

thanks for the reply, i sent them an email and this was there response a bit ambiguous, 

Dear Craig,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised we accept all valid vendor certifications.

All certifications listed under legacy have expired and cannot be assessed.

All above the legacy section are valid and can be used.

The vendor qualifications that we currently accept are listed in the Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants .

If your vendor qualification is not listed we would be unable to consider the qualification as part of a skill assessment application

Kind Regards,

Claudia

ACS are very strict. I have a MCITP as well as a MCSA and MCSE's (all active), they pretty much ignored the MCITP, and the MCSA.

You can take a chance for AUD 600 and 8 to 12 weeks, but I'm 99.9% sure they will ignore anything less than a active MCSE (the exception MAYBE being some stacks that don't have a MCSE level).