Leap of faith

JulesR

Hi everyone

I am currently visiting Australia for the third time.  My first visit was in 2001 (Brisbane) and my second two visits are to close friends in Derby, WA.  I have recently gotten divorced (hence this visit to disappear off the radar for a bit), and have started the immigration "investigation" process.

I have investigated immigration before, after the 2001 visit, but didn't pursue it too far since back then my points allocation wasn't favourable.  My primary reason for wanting to make the transition now is to get away from the political instability back home, and to make a clean break and fresh start.  I am wondering, however, how easy it will be to go it alone.  I am an independent person, so I'm hoping it will be ok.

I have appointed a Perth-based immigration consultant to assist me - so far he has been worth every cent.  I did the IELTS last week - awaiting my results with bated breath - and my VETASSESS skills assessment for a 190 visa has been submitted.

My biggest concern about leaving is leaving my mom behind.  We are close, and she is on her own, although she is very supportive of me making the move.  Leaving my dad will be hard too (my parents are divorced) but at least he has a partner so he is not alone.  I'm sure this is a decision many have found very hard to deal with.  

I am kind of closing my eyes and just running with this for now.

• Like 1

All the best with your process!

• Like 1

Welcome and hope all goes well. I have a single friend who emigrated to Oz about 6 years ago with her mom and daughter. Think her mom was about 65 at the time. There are lots of single people who make the move so it is doable. Why not investigate taking your mom with you? I don't know the rules on this. Your migration agent should know. 

• Like 1

Wow..indeed... not even at the regular changing of the guard (June-July)