Pressed flower album: allowed?

GKatherine

Hi all. I have two very special albums for my kids. The album outers are made of handmade paper and pressed flowers. I got mixed opinions from the quoting removalist companies on whether this will be allowed. It is store bought, not home made, not sure if this will make a difference. This will go either in checked luggage or unaccompanied baggage. Will they confiscate it? Thanks.

1489145504156117146362.jpg

My advice is, just declare it, let them have a look at it, and if they say know, ask if you can get a supervisor or manager to give the final NO. A lot will depend on what the leaves and flowers are.

• Like 1

My gut feeling is that it should be 100% fine with them. But you might just get the wrong person on the day who checks it. I agree with @Mara, best thing is to declare, then at least if they have an issue with it you won't land in trouble.

But I doubt they'll have an issue with it.

Edited by RedPanda
Left out "won't"...oops
  • Like 1

Checked luggage might be better, then at least you are there when they have a look at it. Just be friendly to the staff as well, they are just doing their job. (also, my grandpa was convinced that the 'declare' lines at the airport moved faster than the non-declare lines, so he actually took things along to declare, like a wooden walking stick!)

• Like 2

You are required to declare it. You will sign a statutory declaration on your landing card about your luggage contents. Btw you make the same declaration about your container contents.

i suspect it will be okay. If there are seeds involved that may be an issue.

• Like 1

Thank you for the comments. Will declare it and take it from there.

• Like 1

Just to close the loop. I declared the albums. They had a really really thorough look, and concluded that there were no banana leaves so they were good!! And I got a couple of 'Aaahhhhhs' for cute baby photos :)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, GKatherine said:

They had a really really thorough look, and concluded that there were no banana leaves so they were good!! 

See, these Australians are crazy! :lol: 
Glad you got it through.

• Like 2

So glad for you that you were able to pass the test with the album!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2017 at 6:27 AM, RedPanda said:

See, these Australians are crazy! :lol: 
Glad you got it through.

It's probably because of the Panama Virus which is wiping out the worlds banana populations again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_disease

Edited by Zaprime
  • Like 1