189 Visa Documents and Ielts

Richiddy66

Hi Guys and Girls! VERY VERY new here, was recommended by a friend to pop in here and get some info!

SO..... As a sparkie, with 10 years plus experience, Im worried about a few things.. like I haven't kept my payslips from 6 years ago... AND I hear people need an 8 on the IELTS test....Im sure I will pass but don't know if I can manage an 8, I have read a lot of people getting 7's etc....

Any ideas or tips?.......

My advice to you is to contact a registered MARA agent to get you on the right path.  They are obligated to instruct and advise you accurately legally as well as to maintain their reputation and also as far as I can see because in ozzie spirit - they are good 'mates'....where everybody deserves a 'fair go' - somthing we are not used to S-africa.

Google - "why use a registered mara agent to get an australian visa" for reasons, it makes sense to not waste time or money doing the wrong thing, you also stand to loose a lot of money if you don't do it correctly. I have many friends and acquaintances  who used a reputable agent and obtained their visas and immigrated. I am currently using an agent and they are about to lodge my  visa application (tomorrow ) after following the right path to getting IELTS - 8.5 average( 3 attempts), a successful RPL(recognition of prior learning), and received my invitation to apply for a visa on 24th Feb - 2017.

Edited by brotobunz

Thanks! I have contacted a few! WOW congrats! and good luck, which agent did you use?

Would also recommend using an agent, there are multiple forms which you need to complete which becomes confusing etc.

Agents will help step by step to get the right info.

We used NewWorldImmigration, received good service and we applied for the 189 visa yesterday after receiving a invite on the 15 Feb. All our documents were sorted out, some technical issues highlighted before we submitted our application etc. All advised by our agent.

So save yourself a lot of time and get a agent to help you step by step, we spent R115,000 in total on the process (Incl agent fees) just to give you an idea of amount of money you will be "investing" in your future in Aus, so it's better to make sure your info etc are correct.

Edited by BarryHeyns

Thank you Barry Heyns, some good advice ,but also some not so good, to everyone ,please make sure that you use a registered Mara Agent. A non registered agent outside of Australia has no business charging lots of money to provide a service that they haven't been registered to do as they carry no liability if they don't do their work properly. ( I would go as far as saying that it is unethical for them to assist you with you migration without making it perfectly clear, up front, that they are not Mara Registered)

As per the mara website :  "Only registered migration agents can legally give immigration assistance in Australia. To do this, they must be listed on the Register of Migration Agents, held by the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority.  "

Some of the registered MARA agents will go so far as to refund most of the agent fees paid if the process doesn't go as planned under their advice..... I doubt that other non registered operators would do this?

For more information please refer to the official website:

https://www.mara.gov.au/

With regards to Fees, mara agents work within a suggested fee framework.

See : https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/working-with-your-agent/agent-fees/

Yes I think a mara agent is best, bit more money but sometimes the issues are handled properly....

thanks for response!

I stand corrected, NWI is MARA registered. I must have read incorrectly somewhere.

Apologies for the confusion.