Advise needed - Parent Visitor Visa

zamunda

Question

Hi everyone

I am starting the process of applying for a visitor visa for my mum. To make it easier for her, I am doing the on-line application on her behalf. I am still at the document gathering stage.

A few questions to those who have go through this process before:

(1) Is a photograph required to be uploaded ? ( I did not see this mentioned in the check list).

(2) One of the required documents is proof of health insurance cover. I was going to apply for a BUPA visitor cover once the visa was granted and mum is ready to travel. Do they allow this? OR Do I need to have cover right now OR does mum have to arrange this from her end?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

5 answers to this question

I am arranging Bupa visitors' cover from here, as not sure how much travel insurance elderly people can get after a certain age.

3 hours ago, Pell said:

I am arranging Bupa visitors' cover from here, as not sure how much travel insurance elderly people can get after a certain age.

Have your parents' got their visas already or are you arranging BUPA before the application?

@zamunda , my mom's got her visa already, so I'm arranging for her medical cover a few days before she arrives. In fact, I have decided to go with Medibank in the past few days, as Bupa  is more expensive for the same cover, and they won't give me a discount on it even though I'm a member with them. So as far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to support them, if being a client means so little to them.

@Pell  Thank you so much for the information.

So, when your mum was applying for the visa, with the application did she have to show any medical cover? or did she simply show her South African medical cover?

@zamunda , my mom travels on an EU passport. They did not ask for any proof of anything at all, even though she is over 70. I was quite surprised.