Pregnant

BarryHeyns

Question

Good day

What happens if my wife becomes pregnant before we get issued a visa? We have received an invite last month and we are now busy applying or the visa, currently my wife is not pregnant, but we have some plans etc. All the forms we are completing now asked whether my wife is pregnant or not, what happens if she become pregnant before the visa is granted or becomes pregnant after the visa is granted but before we have officially moved to Australia?

I assume it would be best if we have already relocated to Aus before this happens but I am just trying to get some info.

5 answers to this question

Hey Barry

If she becomes pregnant before the visa is granted you will have to notify your CO who will then advise that you will need to wait for the baby to be born to add him/her to your application and also to make sure the baby's health is in order.

If she becomes pregnant after the visa is granted but before you move over you will have to apply for a visa for the baby. I'm not sure what visa it would be...

Ek sal se jy moet jouself inhou tot julle in Australie is, die proses is reeds stresvol genoeg sonder enige unieke situasies wat 'n baba kan skep...:)

• Like 1

Hahaha... ja nee nou dat ek hierdie gelees het stem ek saam met jou, sal maar dan net so vinnig as moontlik moet oorkom... ouderdom is nie aan ons kant nie!

Dankie vir al die inligting!

• Like 1

Enjoy practicising though!

• Like 1

Ek het vergeet om te sê, die Aussies kry later babas as die Suid Afrikaners. Gemiddelde ouderdom vir eerste-keer-mammas ~31 jaar. So daar gaan baie ouers wees wat 31-37 jaar was toe hulle kinders gekry het. Die 37 kant is dalk nou nie eerste kinders nie, maar as jy by 'bulletjie-rugby' sit, wie gee om of dit jou eerste of laaste kind is wat speel? ;)