Worth the wait?

Fidjet

Question

Hi all. We need some advice. We got our IELTS results last week and this morning we got my husband's Skill assessment back. We have 75 points we can claim and prove, and we are ready to submit our EIO. Or we can wait for my Skill assessment from Engineers Australia, and then we will have 80 points total. Greg is a Software Engineer, and his occupation is on the pro-rata list, he needs 65 points. 
We are wondering is if the extra 5 points is worth the 8 weeks (on average) delay, or should we just submit our EOI now. 

Thanks

4 answers to this question

In my humble opinion I would submit the EOI as soon as possible. The delay brings you closer to the June-July changes and you never know what will happen. There was some talk about changes to the IT occupations on the list. Once you have received your invite and your application is submitted, any changes should not effect your application.

Once your EOI is submitted and if you receive the skill assessment back early, I believe you can always add it to the EOI and notify them that your points have changed. 

Also remember that the 2613x group of occupations are on a quota system with around 1300 places available for Software engineers. It would be more advantageous to take the chance early to get your invite, especially since you already have 75 points. I took a quick look on myimmitracker and it seems that Software Engineers have an average of between 65-70 points so 75 might possibly get you an invite within the next two or so rounds.

Of course I did not follow the 189 route so don't take my comments as law.

• Like 1

Thanks, that is what we found. We just submitted. Holding thumbs now. 

• Like 2

On 01/03/2017 at 4:25 AM, Fidjet said:

Yay!!!

On 2/28/2017 at 7:25 PM, Fidjet said:

All the best. I am sure it will all work out ok