Looking positive?

Kayleigh

Hi there? Can anyone tell me whether they have worked with / through 'Intergrate Immagration'? Is it a legitimate company? I received an email from a Cara Snow regarding queries on immigration. According to her, 'Company Secretary / P.A' (which is my occupation) appears on New Zealand skilled list and 'company secretary / P.A' is currently on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations for Australia??? So im hoping if it is in fact the case, that i would get a few points for that! Feeling hopeful

Regards

Kerry

Hi @Kayleigh, here is a link to the consolidated sponsored occupation list: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/CSOL. Yes, company secretary is on there (code: 221211) and you would need to be assessed by Vetassess. Perhaps look at the description to see if it matches your skills and experience (anzsco.com.au/Anzsco/DownloadPDF?search=221211). As to the legitimacy of the immigration company you mentioned, I really don't know. 

• Like 1

A Company Secretary is NOT a PA.

Here is the start of the description:

Company Secretary - 221211

Description

AUDITORS, COMPANY SECRETARIES AND CORPORATE TREASURERS conduct audits of accounting systems, procedures and financial statements, manage corporate funding and financial risk, and administer and review corporate compliance activities.

• Like 3

@Kayleigh if that is the advice Intergate Immigration gave you, then obviously they did not actually ask what you actually do, and for that, I would not deal with them, as they were not thorough enough.

If you are wanting a great agent.. then ask the question on this forum.. you will get many recommendations.. all tried and tested, from happy immigrants!

• Like 3

Just to add

Personal Assistant is ANZSCO 521111: Personal Assistant

Description: Perform liaison, coordination and organisational tasks in support of Managers and Professionals.

This occupation is not on the CSOL

• Like 1

Hi Kayleigh

a company secretary is normally someone with a law degree. Totally different to a company secretary for, say, a small family owned business. Just be weary of these agents. Many are scamsters. Hope this helps. all the best.

• Like 1

I've gone back and read the other threads as well, and at this stage I would strongly recommend that you speak to a good, reputable migration agent. I don't think your case is going to be one that you can just do yourself, as it will probably be complicated. Since your husband is 43 he has about one and a half year to still get points for age, so if you're going the points way it has to be fast. He will therefore probably be better off getting recognised for something he is already skilled at than trying to pick up something new now. (the assessing authorities have this nasty technical point where they won't give you recognition for any work experience that happened before your formal qualification in a skill. Even if you did exactly the same job with the same company, and everyone higher in your chain of command swears to it.) Sometimes, if people have been in the same trade for many years they can get somewhere in the middle of this, by going through a skills assessment that looks at their actual experience and gives them an equivalent qualification based on that. However they often take many years of your experience for this, so it only works if the person did the same thing for (I think...) more than 8 years. But it would be something for you to look into.

Good agents should be registered with MARA, and have a registration number that you as a member of the public can go and look up online. It will tell you what company they are registered with, and where the company is located. You should also know a few people who have used them and were happy with their service. I know there are scammers out there, who would just love to tell you all the best things in the world and then take your money. Please check out your agent very carefully.

I do however think that a good agent will be worth their weight in gold in your case.

• Like 3