Zaprime

Question

I received feedback from Engineers Australia saying that they were rejecting my letter of employmentand third party documents and that I need to submit alternative documents.

The full text of their feedback is 

This note refers to both employments:

1. Reference letters need to be written by your employer or direct supervisor not by you.
2. Third party proof of employment needs to be from a third party and it should have both your name and the of employing company as your employer.

Did I miss a paragraph or misinterpret what they want in the MSA book? Both my letters are on a company letter head. It is endorsed by my HOD (and a senior Lecturer at UJ who supervised me for two years during a joint project) Both letters have company stamps, are on official letterheads and contain all the other information they require in the booklet. As far as I can see, nowhere does it say I can't write the letter and have my manager endorse it. 

The third party proof of employment that I submitted is an ITA from SARS? It doesn't contain the name of the employer because SARS doesn't put it on. As I have absolutely no chance of getting SARS to change their documents, what must I submit? Neither the IRP5 nor a pay slip would count as third party?  

I hope someone can give me some clarity on this.

13 answers to this question

My husband did as bushlovers mentioned (writing the work histories in third person to be signed by directors / HR / senior management) and EA accepted that. With regards to proof of employment, he submitted payslips and IRP5s from his various employers and they accepted that too. Not sure what they mean by 3rd party docs.

• Like 2

I wrote all my work histories, but in the third person, (as if it was the HR manager writing it). I then sent it to them and they put it on their letterhead.  It the read as if the HR Dept had written it, but contained what I wanted it to say.  Plus then it was very little work for them.  As I recall all my letters were signed by the head of HR.

For the period that I ran my own consultancy I just piled on documents.  My sales brochure, masses of invoices, company registration docs and the affidavit.

Not sure about the third party docs, I didn't do that.

Engineers Oz accepted mine, but they are a fun crowd to deal with.  I've just finished my professional registration with them, and as the one guy said to me it sounds as if you are involved with a Nigerian

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bushlovers said:

I wrote all my work histories, but in the third person, (as if it was the HR manager writing it). I then sent it to them and they put it on their letterhead.  It the read as if the HR Dept had written it, but contained what I wanted it to say.  Plus then it was very little work for them.  As I recall all my letters were signed by the head of HR.

For the period that I ran my own consultancy I just piled on documents.  My sales brochure, masses of invoices, company registration docs and the affidavit.

Not sure about the third party docs, I didn't do that.

Engineers Oz accepted mine, but they are a fun crowd to deal with.  I've just finished my professional registration with them, and as the one guy said to me it sounds as if you are involved with a Nigerian

I wrote mine in the first person, signed it and had my manager endorse it with all his details included. 

if I write the same letter in the third person and have it resigned, do you think it will be ok or will they compare it to the previous one? 

Ok, so after much chasing of people, I've submitted "new" letters, IRP5s and a payslip for each year. Now waiting to see if that's enough. 

Edited by Zaprime
  • Like 1

On 26/02/2017 at 9:09 PM, CazK said:

My husband did as bushlovers mentioned (writing the work histories in third person to be signed by directors / HR / senior management) and EA accepted that. With regards to proof of employment, he submitted payslips and IRP5s from his various employers and they accepted that too. Not sure what they mean by 3rd party docs.

I searched for the term online: 

In journalism, a "third-party source" is a document or entity which is not directly controlled by either the subject (first party) or the author (second party) of a written text.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_source 

So I'm assuming they mean documents from a source that isn't you or your employer. But then a payslip or IRP5 is normally done by an employer? so I dunno... 

But the IPR5 goes to SARS... So maybe they accept that as legit.

Just now, RedPanda said:

But the IPR5 goes to SARS... So maybe they accept that as legit.

But then they said that my ITA34B wasn't third party and didn't contain my employers name. (Yes because SARS doesn't put it on their template.)   So I dunno <_<

Employer name:
These IRP5 are provided by the employer therefore are not considered 3rd party. The acceptable documents have to be downloaded from your account on SARS

So that answers the question of IRP5s. 

Which is what I gave them the first time!? The only document i can give them is the tax forms I filled in.

:angry:

Edit: I've submitted my ITR12s to them. 

I don't expect that arguing with them that my IRP5s are third party (because they were done by a third party) will achieve anything. 

Edited by Zaprime

This is hands down the most trouble I have ever heard of EA giving anyone. I wonder if you got a 'new recruit', or if they just really want to find excuses not to let people in???

Well on the plus side, I can create a thread and get it stickied for anyone else needing supporting docks for the EA MSA and isn't sure what they need. 

12 hours ago, Zaprime said:

Well on the plus side, I can create a thread and get it stickied for anyone else needing supporting docks for the EA MSA and isn't sure what they need. 

Did they give you positive feedback??? :D:)

On 15/03/2017 at 5:38 AM, RedPanda said:

Did they give you positive feedback??? :D:)

No. but because it was put as electrical and not electronic, there might be a better chance of getting in now. :lol: 

To answer the original question, I still don't know what the requirements actually are. I don't know whether they rejected my experience, I suspect pay-rate. :mellow: