Not Giving Up

Kayleigh

Hi all,

I'm new to the website and just have to add that it is really amazing. Very informative and everyone just seems so friendly and helpful! GREAT BUNCH!!!!

All little background.....we are from White River, Mpumalanga. Born and bred South Africans urgently looking to immigrate to Australia (with Brisbane in mind). We have 2 adorable kiddies 11 & 7 and have their futures in mind when considering the immigration. Very worried about the future of S.A and where our youth will find themselves in 10 years or so.

Problem with us wanting to immigrate is that neither my husband or i have any qualifications, so that is already proving to be a HUGE problem. We have many years experience in our field but according to the immigration officer, that is not good enough.....downer!!!!!! So, now we have to see if we can find someone, somewhere willing to "sponsor / offer" either my hubby or i a job!!! Luckily i'm an optimist, so wont give up until i have tried every last thing there is to try!!! Im still going strong.....

• Like 2

Welcome @Kayleigh, I wish you all the best!  Where there is a will, there is a way.  I'm sure some of the more experienced forumites will be able to offer you some sage advice.

Thanks a mill @MichKen. Nothing quite like living in fear on a daily basis to give one a boost in the right direction.....right outta here!

Welcome.  You'll need to tell us what occupations / experience / courses you both have for anybody to be able to give you any meaningful guidance. Sometimes it is possible to get RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) to get points for the "qualification" part. 

• Like 1

Hi There Kayleigh. 

When we first started the process  we also faced similiar issues. Our migration agent then suggested NZ. Maybe worth considering ...... once you have NZ citizenship you can get into Oz like that....... I know that is the VERY long way around and not ideal.... however it might be a back door. However keep in mind that I dont even know your occupations so this is a complete flyer of an answer.

Maybe visit the scarce skills list for both countries.... that will give you an idea of your chances and might be a good starting point!!

Best of luck. 

• Like 1

@RYLCand @TeachinginSA Thank you for the feedback. My husband is 43 and a General Manager for Echo Africa Safaris that does game drives / trips in to the KNP and surroundings. He has 11 years experience and is currently doing a draughting course, part time. Prior to the tourism industry, my husband was a pipe fitter and later a Saftey Officer for a construction company called Delta Construction. I am 35 and have a certificate in PPA (Professional Personal Assistant) from Damelin and i also have about 11 years experience in General Admin and PA. At my previous employment, i was a P.A to technical manager as well as ordering and distributing of spares required for machines.

Please let me know if yo require more detail.

Have a lovely day

Edited by Kayleigh