489 visa

bienkie

Question

Hi

Can anyone tell me how long you have to activate the 489 Regional sponsored visa?  I know once you are invited to apply you need to do so in 60 days and that it is valid for 4 years.  How long can you take to get to Aus?  Would make it easier to plan if I know!

Thanks

Bienkie

3 answers to this question

The general consensus is that it would be, one year, from the earliest date on either your medicals or police clearance. When your visa is issued, it will give you a compulsory date, by which you have to enter Australia.

Your police clearance is dated 10 Jan 2017

So, you go for medicals, 1 Feb 2017

You submit your application 1 Apr 2017 with all your documents attached.

When your visa is issued the entry date would probably be by 10 Jan 2018.

If I am wrong then I am sure either @SD_MOA or @TeeTMI will correct me.

Thanks Mara that makes sense. 

On 16/02/2017 at 5:58 AM, bienkie said:

Hi

Can anyone tell me how long you have to activate the 489 Regional sponsored visa?  I know once you are invited to apply you need to do so in 60 days and that it is valid for 4 years.  How long can you take to get to Aus?  Would make it easier to plan if I know!

Thanks

Bienkie

@bienkie    There will be 2 dates on your visa, the validation date and the visa expiry date. 

You must have first entered Australia before the validation date (this will be less than 12 months the amount of time depends upon a variety of factors, e.g. those described by Mara above). 

Edited by Mara