Spasmend in Australia?

RedPanda

Hi, does anyone know if they sell Spasmend anywhere in Australia? I tried an online search and came up with nothing.

Hi, I too use Spasmend and unfortunately it is not available in Australia. I have spoken to pharmacists and my doctors and there doesn't appear to be anything similar here. I've had to resort to buying it on the odd occasion I've been back to South Africa, or asked people I know who are coming over to bring me some. Not an ideal situation. If you do happen to find something similar please would you post it on the forum?

4 hours ago, JanW said:

Hi, I too use Spasmend and unfortunately it is not available in Australia. I have spoken to pharmacists and my doctors and there doesn't appear to be anything similar here. I've had to resort to buying it on the odd occasion I've been back to South Africa, or asked people I know who are coming over to bring me some. Not an ideal situation. If you do happen to find something similar please would you post it on the forum?

I was afraid this might be the case. I googled the active ingredients and looked for generics, but found nothing, so I thought I'd just ask. I also see that it's an S2 drug. From your experience bringing into Australia, do they just pass it through, or do they want to see papers?

I've also wondered if there is a way to order it online and have it delivered to my house. If I find a solution I'll certainly post it here.

I haven't encountered any difficulties bringing it into Australia. I usually buy about three boxes of 100 tabs at a time and pack them in my suitcase. If you are worried I would just keep the receipt and tell them it's an over-the-counter medication in South Africa if they ask. I think there would be a problem if you tried to bring in huge quantities as that would look like you were going to sell them.

At one point I found an online South African pharmacy that would ship internationally, but for the life of me I just can't remember the name of it or find it online.

• Like 1