Visitors Visa Queries

Hi,

First question on this fantastic forum! We are a family of 4 planning to visit my dad (an Australian citizen) on holiday for 2 weeks (pretty much a look-see-decide trip too).

Have tried googling endlessly but can't find a satisfactory answer to these questions and can't go the expense of an agent for a visitors visa.

My dad is paying for our trip and we will be staying with him. Should we then apply for a family sponsored visitors visa? Will he then have to prove funds and/or pay a huge security bond?

Or is it easier to apply for the tourist stream and if so, what amount of funds do we need to prove?

Also, is it possible to apply online and then just do the biometrics at a visa centre?

The visa centres page is very unclear and the border.gov.au page says each country has its own specifications.

Thanks!  

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ash, I suggest you do the tourist stream and also provide your bank statements as proof of funds. You dad has to send you an invitation letter so in there he could state that you will be staying with him during your visit and he might assist if need be with financial expenses.To be safe you could add his bank statement also to the application.

Depending on your location you could do it online and do the biometrics at the closest location.

If you are applying in JHB I suggest at least do it 6 Weeks before.They are extremely busy at the moment.Just went through the same experience with my mum.

Cheers 

Rosh

Hi Rosh,

So sorry, only saw your reply now! Thank you so much for your help - much appreciated!

We will be applying in CT but will hopefully be able to do it a couple of months in advance.

Thanks!